News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

The great prediction on 2012

Started by PPI Tim, October 20, 2009, 01:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Tim

Hey Guys,
I recently saw a trailor for the movie 2012.
It looks to be special effects monster of a movie. But do you think it has any merit?
Do you think we are bound for rough times ahead or do you think it is a bunch of hogwash?
Sounds interesting...Go on.

Shellshock

Just reminds me of the Y2K junk.  :P
XoXo

Gary

I don't doubt that the ideas based on that movie and the year 2012 aren't far off.  Even WHEN the world starts coming to it's end (wait a minute, it already is), those folks who win the lottery won't be any more safe then the lotto losers... not for long anyway.  Besides, if the Gov't ( >:] ) has ANY say in the matter, none of us are going.  lol

Of course, I do hope and pray for the best.... for all of us! 
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

Gary

So, I might be confusing 2012 with another movie about a lotto and taking people to some safe location.  POSSIBLY same movie.  If it IS the same movie, I don't think the lotto cave is going to withstand the damage I just saw in the 2012 preview!
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Tim

So, are we all in agreement that the date of December 21, 2012 is going to be nothing then a normal December Day?

PPI Karl

Quote from: PPI Tim on October 21, 2009, 09:35:05 PM
So, are we all in agreement that the date of December 21, 2012 is going to be nothing then a normal December Day?

The scientific community is actually starting to become annoyed by the hype, and are starting to blog peevishly about the whole thing.  Check out this article and the comment thread beneath it.  It's actually pretty interesting:
http://www.space.com/searchforlife/091022-seti-2012.html
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

Shellshock

thanks for sharing the link. I really enjoyed the article.
I agree that we have nothing to worry about with 2012.
Im considerably more concerned with the "Big One"
hitting California , but thats a whole different topic.  :P
XoXo

PPI Tim

That is a good link Karl. Thank you
What I find interesting about this subject is how many people both scientific and non-scientific have linked to this date.
It has got to be a bandwagon thing....I hope.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: Shellshock on October 22, 2009, 01:33:49 PM
thanks for sharing the link. I really enjoyed the article.
I agree that we have nothing to worry about with 2012.
Im considerably more concerned with the "Big One"
hitting California , but thats a whole different topic.  :P

I have nothing against "The Big One".  As long as the ground doesn't move or crack open and swallow houses, people and cars whole.   :o

Shellshock

Yeah well, the Whittier Narrows earthquake in the late 80's basically caused the whole front half of our house to fall down into the basement :(.
As a child, to me, the earth did swallow our home. That was my first quake. Traumatizing to say the least.
I'm used to them now, but boy oh boy it took a while.   :P ;D
XoXo

TAPS Jen

AUUUGHH "the big one" is definitely a fear of mine!!! Then again, I've never really experienced an earthquake. Just a small one at work last year that last a few seconds.

I wonder about 2012 - I doubt it will be something cataclysmic (at least I hope so -w. all of the nuclear weapons developing in so many nations you never know but even then I doubt they'd all come together on the same date).  I do know that Los Angeles has an underground bunker that specific community leaders/ the president if he's in town are to report to in the event of terrorist threat and/or disaster. (I was told about it when I started working emergency services for the county)

I like to think that the world is going through a shift in global consciousness. With the spread of the internet and the planet becoming more of a global village - I like to think tolerance, and good 'ol peace love and understanding may be on the rise. Maybe 2012 will just be the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine...) and the beginning of a better one.
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

Damian

That's a refreshingly positive way to view the world!

By the way, it's nice to meet another friend of PPI!  I'm one of the newbies to the team.  It's nice to meet more friendly folks on the forums!
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Damian on February 10, 2010, 02:00:02 PM
That's a refreshingly positive way to view the world!

By the way, it's nice to meet another friend of PPI!  I'm one of the newbies to the team.  It's nice to meet more friendly folks on the forums!

Okay...I get to "out" someone else.  I love it.

Jen was actually an investigator with PPI before I joined.  She was part of the L.A. team.  I'm proud to be an investigator with her now and just feel blessed to even know such a precious soul. 

p.s.  and did I mention how GREAT of an investigator she is?  she kicks some serious paranormal a$$.

PPI Brian

I agree; Jen is not only a great investigator, she is a truly compasionate soul. Jen helped me navigate through a very dark time in my life and I am eternally grateful for her support and encouragement. We are all the better for knowing her!  ;D
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

TAPS Jen

*sniff*  *sniff* Shucks, guys! Now I'm all blushing and teary and very moved. It's been my honor to work with all of YOU. Believe me!

Damian - it's a pleasure to meet you. You could not ask to be a member of a more amazing, talented team.

Now I've got that old Coke commercial song in my head "I'd like to teach the world to sing..." Did you guys see that they re-recorded "We Are the World?"  Is it just me or is it an absolute travesty that the likes of Paul Simon, Willie Nelson, Dionne Warwick, Ray Charles, Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen were replaced by Justin Beaber, Snoop Dogg, Julianne Huff, The Jonas Bros and Miley Cyrus?

Maybe I'm just getting old!

PPI Brian

Hi Jen,

LOL! You're not getting old. The remake sucks. Why can't they come up with something new and original instead of remaking and ruining something near and dear to our old hearts? ;D 

TAPS Jen

Damian

I hadn't heard about the remake.  That seems somehow sacrilegious to me.  I intentionally want to avoid hearing the remake, but I think morbid curiousity will eventually overpower me.

Why was there a need to remake We Are The World?...how about those artists create a new song?  Sheesh!
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

PPI Brian

Had to post this youtube video clip of Dr. Brian Cox discussing the Mayan calendar and 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/v/vw9K0tI9mxc?fs=1&hl=en_US