News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Ghost Hunters Academy

Started by PPI Brian, October 08, 2009, 02:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

The two hardest working paranormal investigators on television have a new show: Ghost Hunters Academy. The first episode airs on November 11th on SyFy. :)

http://www.syfy.com/gha/
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

New it was coming just didn't know when.  Should be pretty good...hopefully.

PPI Brian

So far the previews look good. Good to see Steve and Tango take the lead on some investigations, because they do all of the evidence analysis for TAPS.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Brian M on October 08, 2009, 02:06:28 PM
So far the previews look good. Good to see Steve and Tango take the lead on some investigations, because they do all of the evidence analysis for TAPS.

You speak the truth my friend. 

Shellshock

Im really looking forward to this. They're my favorite duo on GH . I enjoy the way they interact with each other on the show as investigators. Its going to be cool to see how they do as leads and how they go about training these people. :)

Just sharing the commercial I found for it. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQUVIVNoZHQ
XoXo

PPI Tracy

Greetings from Colorado...

I hope this turns out to be a good show.  Steve and Tango do most of the work anyway with TAPS.  Good to see that they are getting credit where credit is due. (if that makes sense).  I am in Manitou Springs right now (where I am staying) and there is a manor/mansion down the street. It is called Briarhurst Manor.  I went in just to look at it and apparently the TAPS team was there back in late July and did an investigation.  It will be televised on October 28th.  I took a ton of photos while I was there.  I'm interested to download them and see what I can find. 

Love you guys!

Gary

Awesome Tracy, let us know if you find anything spoooky!   {8I
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Tracy

Going through my photos.  I'll let ya know.

PPI Brian

The first episode of Ghost Hunters Academy aired last night on SyFy. Did anybody catch it?

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Brian M on November 12, 2009, 09:16:37 PM
The first episode of Ghost Hunters Academy aired last night on SyFy. Did anybody catch it?

I dvr'd it.  I heard that Steve totally was messing with this one person. 

****SPOILER ALERT*****

I guess Steve was investigating with this one guy and started to tell him that he was smelling cigarettes.  Steve said "yeah, I smell cigarette smell but OLD cigarettes".  He kept going on and on about the smell. The other guy chimed in and agreed and said, "yeah, I smell it too".  Then Steve goes, "I just made that up". Then went on to say something about "the power of suggestion".  (does no one learn from Tango's mistakes?)   ::|

PPI Debra

I also DVR'd it.

***another spoiler alert***

I was surprised that the students were caught lying, more than once. Who did they think they were training with? How could they watch the show and not know that these dudes know how to detect bulls@#t? Especially Steve. :o
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

Shellshock

Been watching the show and caught up on all the epi's.
I think the guys are doing an amazing job with the students.
My personal favorite from the start has been Susan , she rocks.
Least fave is Jane. Her confrontational crap and then cry-baby act is so bogus - ugh.
New guy Chris Smith adjusted so well and fast !

Who do you think is going to make it  ?
Im rootin for Susan all the way !^_^

xo~shell
XoXo

belalaghoste

It's  fine to watch while your hanging out with your friends and talking.  It is basically a filler show on my tivo.

Shellshock

I chucked my T.V. =)  I watch these shows online while working on my projects.
Havent been watching much of anything lately though. :/
XoXo

PPI Tracy

Quote from: Shellshock on January 27, 2010, 01:50:19 PM
I chucked my T.V. =)  I watch these shows online while working on my projects.
Havent been watching much of anything lately though. :/

Shelly girl...you DID?  You didn't tell me that.  When?

Shellshock

Way back ! ;) Actually I Gave it away. 
It was just collecting dust, taking up space. Kinda sad just having it sit there.
Any epi's I want to catch up on I just watch online. =)  But ive been
too tired and caught up in other things, ive been falling behind ! :/
Booo-hoo! lol
XoXo

PPI Tracy

Quote from: Shellshock on January 27, 2010, 02:19:06 PM
It was just collecting dust, taking up space. Kinda sad just having it sit there.
Booo-hoo! lol
I do hope you are able to immerse yourself in some good old creativity.  I meant what I said, when you are up to it and feel you have enough pieces, we need to have an art show together. Your stuff is amazing, Shell!  I'm thinking my next one will probably be in April.  You should come down to my art studio and we can just play in paint. 

PPI Jason

Quote from: Shellshock on January 27, 2010, 02:19:06 PM
Booo-hoo! lol

Are you saying you are falling behind in watching television? That, in my opinion, is a good thing. I've cut WAY back on watching television as well. It's given me all kinds of time. I think I'm a better case manager for it, I have way more time to practice my music, and my kids are starting to remember my name. But I can also relate to "getting caught up in other things." It also has something to do with the fact that I've also had to work more (yuck). Anyway, I think the art show would be way cool if you and Tracy get the time. Just my opinion, but art is way better than tv  :)
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

Shellshock

yeah - in the few shows i do watch I have fallen behind. I try to keep up with the para shows since they come up in the forums a lot. :)
Im also a fan of House. I have to agree its been good thing for sure. <  cutting back on t.v that is.

Thanks Tracy, I've definitely been playing in the paints, reading and such in my free time. I'd love to have a painting play date soon with you!!!
You're WAY too kind with your praise by the way. :) But thank you for your compliment.*blushing*
Maybe when i get over my fear of people critiquing my "stuff" Id pop up a few in a little corner of an art show with you. Nice Far Away Little corner.
We can have Jason set up for musical entertainment as well!  =)~

XoXo

PPI Tracy

Shell, honestly, the scariest thing I have ever done was to take 50 of my paintings, rent a hotel ballroom and invite 100 people.  THAT is scary.  But, you know what?  The reception I got when I started sharing my art was nothing short of astounding.  It doesn't float everyone's boat and that is okay.  But there are those people that it WILL touch and WILL speak to.  It will make some people happy and if it makes someone smile or feel a sense of peace or joy, then it is all worth it.  If that is what fuels you to be an artist, then you are bound to succeed. 

Truthfully, all art is, is life taking shape.  My favorite poet, Rainer Maria Rilke once said, "Art is good if it has sprung from necessity".  I have to agree.   :)

You are very talented.  Don't ever sell yourself short.

Shellshock

Awwwe, Tracy ,  You da bestest ! <3 You ALwaYs know the right thing to say. :D
And just so you know, your Art totally floats my boat. ;)
XoXo