Author Topic: Mysterious Tubular Clouds  (Read 476 times)

Offline Gary

• Critical Mass
  • Meow!
    • Facebook
I personally love clouds... they are capeable of amazing things things, specially with the Sun or Moon behind them.  I've have had a few chances to see clouds from above while flying, and they seem even more spectacular from that angle.  Check out this article I came across.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/08/morninggloryclouds/
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

Offline PPI Tim

• Super Administrator
  • Critical Mass
  • TIMMY!!
    • Pacific Paranormal Investigations on Facebook
Those are really cool clouds. I have read that clould like these were also known as cloud streets.
If the clouds are rotating they can become quite dangerous to aircraft trying to fly through them.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

Offline PPI Brian

• Super Administrator
  • Critical Mass
  • The Truth is Out There
    • Pacific Paranormal Investigations on Facebook
Hi Gary,

Those cloud pictures are absolutely fantastic. Thank you for sharing them.  :)
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

Offline PPI Tracy

• PPI Reserve Investigator
  • Critical Mass
I just saw these type of clouds for the first time on my way to Colorado last May.  Looked out the window at about 35 thousand feet and there they were.  Truly amazing. 

Offline Gary

• Critical Mass
  • Meow!
    • Facebook
Tracy, thats very cool.  What, no pictures?   0:<
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

Offline PPI Tracy

• PPI Reserve Investigator
  • Critical Mass
Tracy, thats very cool.  What, no pictures?   0:<

I've got plenty of pics of Colorado and it's beauty on my Facebook page....but didn't take any pics from the plane.  My camera was in my carry on, stuffed way away up high.  Bummer.  Next time....I'm taking my camera and keeping it within reach.

Did that even make sense?  Sorry...I'm running on 2 hours sleep.  Saw Steely Dan last night up at the Gibson (Universal).  They played for two solid hours.....and it took us 3 to get home.  I love it when they close freeways at midnight!!!  But I did dream of Double Helix in the Sky Tonight.....(or was that early this morning?  yeah.)   8)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 12:35:40 PM by TAPS Tracy »