News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

The PPI Interviews

Started by PPI Brian, May 28, 2013, 06:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

I started working on the interview footage we recorded for the video journalism student on April 14th. I didn't edit the video except for trimming the beginning and the end and adding our animated logo to the beginning and end. I started uploading it about 9:00 am this morning and it just finished processing about half an hour ago, so it took about six and half hours to upload to YouTube. Next time I've got to use a faster internet connection.  :P  

We should invest in some green screen material for future interviews. Using the Chroma Key feature in Adobe Premeire we can incorporate a nice static background like the ones we used on our presentations, or we can use a video loop of the smoke we used in the Mirror Matrix video. I hope you will notice the length of this clip exceeds the 15 minute time limit imposed by YouTube.  :) Yep, I found a way around that obstacle. I apologize for the misdirected light causing the glare in Karl's glasses. Hopefully my lighting techniques will improve with practice. I also neglected to add Karl's name on the opening credits, so it only reads "An Interview" instead of "An Interview with Karl Sherlock". I fixed that in the project file, so if we decide to go "live" with these videos on our website or present them in a more professional manner on the forums under "Paranormal Documentaries" I will delete the existing file and upload the corrected file.  :-[ At this time the videos are not listed on our YouTube Channel.

Here's the first installment: An Interview with Karl Sherlock. I finished the interview with Debra, but I still need to compile the video and upload it to YouTube. I hope to accomplish that in the next week.

An Interview with Karl Sherlock
http://www.youtube.com/v/U9DmyHXVDWQ
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Debra

Thanks, Brian. You always amaze me with your techno savvy.
;D
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Debra on May 29, 2013, 12:02:10 AM
Thanks, Brian. You always amaze me with your techno savvy.
;D

Thank you, Debra. It's such a stress relief to work on videos and podcasts. :)  Perhaps I'm weird but I enjoy working on these projects.

PPI Karl

You are too cool for school, Brian.  This is great editing.  (I don't know how you managed to contain my neurotic head-bobbing to to the screen.  Is there a new video editing software that fixes that?  ;D)

I can't wait to see Debra's interview.  My memory of these interviews is that the two of you were infinitely more interesting than I was. 8)
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Brian

Hi Karl, I don't know if any of the individual interviews are "better" but collectively they are very good. Both you and Debra did a wonderful job. I just kind of rambled because our interviewer kind of got tired or lost interest. Looking forward to uploading Debras interview when I return from Atlanta.

PPI Brian

Ok boys and girls, here is the second installment in the PPI Interview series: An Interview with Debra Page featuring our very own Debra Page.  :) In retrospect it could probably benefit from editing out some of the long pauses between questions. Let me know what you think.

I will finish editing the final interview later tonight and hope to upload it to YouTube by the end of the week. I also plan on uploading the corrected version of the first interview by the end of the week.  

An Interview with Debra Page
http://www.youtube.com/v/aLMR2xKEm9k

PPI Debra

"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Debra on June 03, 2013, 07:47:27 PM
Thanks again, Brian.
;D

My pleasure. Should I edit some of the long pauses?

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Brian on June 03, 2013, 08:23:31 PM
Thanks again, Brian.
;D

Only if it's no problem.
Larry watched them both with me. He felt the long pauses were a little "painful". I told him he should have been there, lol!

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Debra on June 03, 2013, 08:34:24 PM
Quote from: PPI Brian on June 03, 2013, 08:23:31 PM
Thanks again, Brian.
;D

Only if it's no problem.
Larry watched them both with me. He felt the long pauses were a little "painful". I told him he should have been there, lol!

LOL! No worries, Debra. I will edit the long and painful pauses and upload the new and improved video. I just finished editing the final interview, and carved it down to about ten minutes. My interview went on for twenty minutes, but there wasn't anything very interesting happening after the first ten minutes, so it seemed like a good point to cut it off. With a little luck I might be able to upload it and post it tonight, but I still feel like I'm on Atlanta time and I have an early morning meeting tomorrow.

PPI Brian

Here is the final installment in the PPI Interview series. I will now go back and upload the revised versions of Karl and Debra's interviews. Let me know what you think.  :)

An Interview with Brian Miller
http://www.youtube.com/v/-K-9rk12ykk

PPI Brian

Here is the revised version of the first interview with Karl:

An Interview with Karl Sherlock
http://www.youtube.com/v/bZAzm321HwA

PPI Brian

and here is the revised version of Debra's interview:

An Interview with Debra Page
http://www.youtube.com/v/D7sMv0VvSnI

PPI Tracy

PPI Theresa

I liked U2 before U2 was cool

PPI Brian

:)We need to get everyone in front of the camera this year.  :)  I will start shopping around for some green screen material. 

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Brian on June 05, 2013, 06:53:01 PM
:)We need to get everyone in front of the camera this year.  :)  I will start shopping around for some green screen material. 

Just watch those props.  ( yeah... I'm referring to what you think I am)

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Tracy on June 07, 2013, 01:08:04 PM
Quote from: PPI Brian on June 05, 2013, 06:53:01 PM

Just watch those props.  ( yeah... I'm referring to what you think I am)

LOL! Yes, those props will haunt you for life.  ;D

PPI Karl

When we do these, we should all be displaying somewhere on our person an old 5" computer disc with the words "Mr. Floppy" written on it.  Agreed? :P
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.