News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

Any idea what this might be?

Started by jwrobinson13, April 30, 2012, 06:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwrobinson13

So as my first real post I thought I would start out with something that has puzzled me for years.
A few years ago I was watching Paranormal State, and Ryan told a story about a creature he saw when he was a child. It had very small black eyes, and when it "smiled" it showed a mouthful of, what he described as, shark teeth. I'm assume that meant they were triangular in shape. About 6 month later I was in a paranormal chat room that I frequented, when a young lady came in and told us a story about a creature she saw. She said it had the same small black eyes and the sharp teeth, she also added it was about 3 feet tall and looked almost like a child (without clothes). Since the chat room I was in had lots of people coming and going, and since it was hard to separate true from false, I didn't think much of her story at the time.  About a year later I got a phone call from a friend of mine that was in a bit of a panic.  He told me he was lying in bed when he heard something down the hall in his bathroom.  His first thought being there was an intruder in his home, he grab his pistol and started stalking down the hallway.  As he made his way to the bathroom, something stepped out that he could not explain.  It was about 3 feet tall and had the same eyes and mouth as before.  They both looked at each other for a moment and then the creature just left.  I should add that the fellow that told me this story was not and is not the type to make things up, so I was very much inclined to believe what he told me.  After that, I spent the next few weeks trying to figure out what this creature maybe me, to no avail.  So I'd like to know what you all think, and where I can find info that supports your theory. 

Joe R.

PPI Tim

When you say that the creature "just left" do you mean it disappeared or walked past him or went back into the bathroom?
From what I've read it sounds like a elemental or a pygmy witchdoctor. ;)
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Tracy

That is interesting.  It brings to mind the other type of unexplainable apparition that many many people have seen as well:  The "man/dark figure with the top hat" (give or take a cape and suit).  There have been hundreds upon hundreds (maybe more) reports of it.  I personally know of at least 5 people who have seen the "top hat man."  

I do agree with Tim, however.  It sounds like some sort of elemental.  From what I have read and from persons I know who tell me they have dealt with them, they aren't to be trifled with.  Now, I have never encountered one (except a bully or two in kindergarden that might qualify as such) and I don't ever want to, but I do think that Tim is onto something.  

If it is an elemental, and describing it the way you have and others have as you relayed, I think it would be terrifying for not only an adult to see one but especially for a child.  Just as the "top hat man", I wonder what (if any) the significance is of something like that coming forth to someone.

PPI Jason

I've never come across anything like this, personally. But I've heard stories, some of them from pretty credible individuals.

I know this group did an investigation before I came on board where there was an allegation of "elementals" being present. I know they had some interesting experiences during that investigation. I know that in Ireland there are reports of "fairies." But those reports are more akin to elementals than what we traditionally think of as a "fairy." In fact, they have fairy mounds there and places that are believed to be sacred to fairies that people there just don't mess with.

Now I don't know if what your friend experienced was a fairy or an elemental, but it just seems to be consistent with that type of description.

I'm somewhat skeptical because I've never seen anything like this, but I would love to come across something like this during an investigation. I think the numerous sharp pointy teeth might make me wet my pants a little, but that's just the cost of doing business.  :)
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Brian

This is a fascinating topic of discussion. Thank you posting it.  :)

I'm also curious about how the creature "just left" the bathroom. Did it push him aside as it went down the hall, down the stairs, and out the front door? Or did it walk into another room only to disappear?

I have some ideas that may explain some (but certainly not all) reports of this type. It seems the description of this creature is an archetype -- a universally understood pattern that many people have reported over the years. In cases where people are in bed before experiencing something strange, be it a paranormal event or sleep paralysis or a full blown Hag Effect,  I'm inclined to believe they are having a lucid dream -- a dream in which one awakens suddenly to discover something absolutely incredible happening, but they are in face dreaming. If a person has not experienced lucid dreams before, the experience will seem very real to them and can leave them feeling disturbed for a very long time after.

When people are not in bed I don't have a convenient psychological explanation to pull out of my skeptic's toolbox.  :)
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

jwrobinson13

I guess I should add some more detail about my friends story.  As far as the "just left part", the creature walked down the hallway, into the kitchen and crawled out the doggie door.  Which was when I asked my friend where his dog was... He told me when his dog saw the creature, his ears perked up, he sniffed the air and then he just went back to whatever dog things he was up to.

On the "what it may be" front. My first thought was elemental, however, nothing I read about really matched the description (I never spent a whole lot of time researching these kind of things before this, so I'm not surprised). My second thought was extra-terrestrial, but again nothing really matched up.  The most compelling theory I've come across, and the reason I posted this in the Cryptozoology section, is this is something not unlike big foot, only the complete opposite in every way. Short, hairless and apparently not afraid of people.

What really strikes me as odd is in the 3 years since this, no one as far as I know, has seen or even heard of anything like this.

PPI Brian

Thank you for clarifying the creature's exit. That's really strange. From the description it sounds very much like a description of an elemental. PPI Debra wrote a comprehensive article on the subject of Elementals. You can check it out here: Elemental Haunting: An Overview for the Paranormal Researcher
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

"Crawled out the doggie door?"  Doggie door. Doggie door?   :-\

That kind of makes me think it was either a dream, a prank, someone's pulling your leg, or an elemental who was absent on "Walk Through Walls 101" lesson day.