News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Ouija Boards

Started by ljiljanac, January 30, 2010, 10:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

I think it would be interesting to just set up a video camera aimed at a OB and let it film for a while.  Not use it, or anything, just as an experiment. 

Damien, those are some good questions you have also, I'd be interested to know also.
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

Damian

Here's something else that, painted pink with a Hello Kitty slapped on it, is now far less lethal.   ;D

By the way, how do you get a picture to display in the body of a post?  I've been fumbling with it and can't seem to do it properly.

Administrator's Log: I will show you at the next meeting. It's easier than explaining it.   ;D
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Damian on February 05, 2010, 05:23:28 PM
Here's something else that, painted pink with a Hello Kitty slapped on it, is now far less lethal.   ;D

By the way, how do you get a picture to display in the body of a post?  I've been fumbling with it and can't seem to do it properly.

Where in the HELLo kitty did you find THAT?  Never mind.....there are some things in this life that are better left unknown.....

Shellshock

Quote from: PPI Damian on February 05, 2010, 05:23:28 PM

I love it !!! ^_^
XoXo

PPI Debra

Damian, you've started something.... my husband wants one.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

Damian

Well Debra, Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and nothing says "I love you" more than pretty powertools!   ;D
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

PPI Debra

Yikes!

but I'm an "Anti-Pink". There is no place for anything pink in this home!

Oh well.... it might have to be one of those marriage related compromises!!
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

ljiljanac

That's it.  You're ALL getting pink stuff for your birthdays.    >:]

PPI Debra

where's the holy water???!!

ljiljanac

That'll come in the little pink bottle.

PPI Debra

jkaullen

Quote from: PPI Damian on February 04, 2010, 04:07:39 PM
Pink Hello Kitty alarm clock = GOOD

Pink Ouija Boards = BAD

What's next, Baby's First Exorcism kit with candy rosary?

hahahaha

seriously though why invite something evil to contact you?

I mean if you are helping a client that is possessed or feels a demonic presence in their house OK, but to go looking for it? Not smart.

Demons and Demonology are a huge draw for me. Love researching it and reading about it. Hope to meet some people i can actually talk to about it...... But stick my hand into the Lions mouth so to say? No thanks.
-Justin

"Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! Big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside." - Stewie

ljiljanac

Why is it that Ouija Boards are only associated with demons?  If it actually even works, what?.....is there a door on the other side with a sign on it saying, "DEMONS ONLY!  ALL OTHERS KEEP OUT!!"  ?    P^/

Again, I've played with one, and nothing happened.  I also cannot get the seance/Ouija Board episode of "I Love Lucy" out of my mind where Lucy's neighbor (a Don Knotts in "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" kind of guy) sticks his face close in to hers and secretively, with all seriousness, with big popping eyes, asks her, "Do you wee-gee?"    lmao!  Kills me everytime!  lol lol   :D

BTW.....The Ghost and Mr. Chicken is one of my absolute favorites!!!!   ;D

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Lillie on February 19, 2010, 01:51:11 PM
Why is it that Ouija Boards are only associated with demons?  If it actually even works, what?.....is there a door on the other side with a sign on it saying, "DEMONS ONLY!  ALL OTHERS KEEP OUT!!"  ?    P^/

The theory is that only "lower astral" beings would require a human body and/or Ouija board (drawing vitality from the human)  to make contact. "Higher" beings, such as angels and guardians can interact with you in a more direct way without drawing energy from a host.

ljiljanac

Hi Debra!    ;D   I see.  So, what about the "good ghost" experiences?  Where are all of those accounts?  All I ever hear about is bad stuff.   P^/

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Lillie on February 19, 2010, 01:59:17 PM
Hi Debra!    ;D   I see.  So, what about the "good ghost" experiences?  Where are all of those accounts?  All I ever hear about is bad stuff.   P^/
Damian's ghost,  Buddy, folded the laundry. That's pretty cool!
Did you read the story of the PPI investigations at my home? It seems the ghosts over here were trying to warn us that we were at risk for a fire. ( http://mythicmusing.blogspot.com/2009/11/adventures-in-ghost-hunting-in-my-own.html )

I think that most people are afraid of the unknown, and therefore, it's "problem". Especially in American culture.  In contrast, the Tibetan & Sufi systems don't have the same view: spirits are not a problem.

ljiljanac

Debra...I would love to know how the Tibetan and Sufi systems view demons/bad spirits and what they do about them!

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Lillie on February 19, 2010, 02:08:40 PM
Debra...I would love to know how the Tibetan and Sufi systems view demons/bad spirits and what they do about them!

I will try to write something up in near future. I hope I can make it coherent.

I have participated in at least three 12 day retreats that were specifically to address demons. Exorcisms--- we call the process "Chod". Basically, we offer the demons food and a job with very specific guidelines (ie "Guard this building, but harm no one.") If they can't be tamed, we banish them.
It's very interesting watching the humans during these ceremonies. Some run away without saying goodbye, others become angry and want to fight. Others get sick and become bedridden, until the ceremony is over.
There is always phenomena: dishes flying off shelves, stuff goes missing to be found later in an unlikely spot, the building will shake...

ljiljanac

Wow!  That sounds fascinating!  I cannot imagine what it was like to be there.   :o

PPI Debra

I had no idea what I was stepping into when I first went. When I realized what the Chod ceremony was about, I was fascinated. I loved being immersed in a different world view. I loved watching it. I really worked.

ljiljanac

Wow, I would go if the opportunity was there.  You're probably thinking, "Okaaaay pshychoooooo."  lol   :D

PPI Debra

Lillie, I would never think you're psycho!  ;D

These ceremonies are not open to the public. You have to go through initiation to participate. Your Lama is responsible for your well being. They incur karma if something happens to the student.
You can read some parts of it, though. When you come to my home I will show you some of the
ritual items, deity photos, texts, etc.

ljiljanac

Debra, thank you!  That would be great!   :)

PPI Debra

Lillie,

Here's a text written by a female Lama (who grew up in America) of the the Chod process from a psychological perspective:
Feeding your Demons: Ancient Wisdom for Resolving Inner Conflict, by Tsultrim Allione

http://www.amazon.com/Feeding-Your-Demons-Resolving-Conflict/dp/0316013137/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266612308&sr=8-2

From A Tibetan perspective (which includes symptoms during the exorcism process):
Machik's Complete Explanation: Clarifying the Meaning of Chod

http://www.amazon.com/Machiks-Complete-Explanation-Clarifying-Foundation/dp/1559391820/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266612590&sr=1-1

Machik was a real woman yogini in the 11-12th century. A yogini is a female master magician, magus, adept.

PPI Brian

Found this clip during my daily paranormal wandering through the internet, and thought I would share it with you all.

http://www.youtube.com/v/yxhh4f04rfg&hl=en_US&fs=1&

http://www.examiner.com/x-2764-Paranormal-News-Examiner~y2010m2d20-Video-Highlights-from-a-3hour-Ouija-Board-session
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

Damian

This is interesting Brian.  Thanks for passing it along.  I have been thinking of ways to remove the human element from Ouiji board usage, and it might be interesting to do some tests.

PPI Brian

Found this article during my morning paranormal ramblings through the darkest corners of the internet. This is hardly the most reliable source of information, and the person making these claims obviously has a vested interest in staying in the public's eye, but the article is amusing. Take it with a grain of salt:

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2010/03/ouija-board-gift-took-coast-to-coast-host-to-brink-of-unfathomable-chaos/
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

Damian

If only a small portion of that is 100% accurate I'd be surprised.  I guess, with respect to Ouiji Boards, I'll need to see it to believe it.

PPI Tracy

You know what might be interesting (and I cannot believe I'm even saying this).....Union Hall, overnight, Ouija Board.  Hmmmmm. 

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Tracy on March 22, 2010, 10:55:57 PM
You know what might be interesting (and I cannot believe I'm even saying this).....Union Hall, overnight, Ouija Board.  Hmmmmm. 

Tracy,
You have shocked me!!!   :o