News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

Quick Urban Legends

Started by PPI Tim, August 31, 2009, 12:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Tim

From the Book of 666 Absolutely true stories, here are three quick urban legends,

Mel Blanc, who did the voice for Bugs Bunny, was allergic to carrots.

Marilyn Monroe never wore open-toed sandals because she had six toes on each foot.

When read by Arab speakers right to left, the Coca-Cola logo expresses an anti-Islamic message, which explains why the beverage never caught on in the Muslum world.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

TAPS Jen

"Well behaved women rarely make history."

PPI Tim

I have got to start posting these things again.

Damian

"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

PPI Tracy

Shellshock

That is a funky rumor about Marilyn.
There are so many photos of her wearing  open toed shoes and being bare foot.
How did that urban legend come about!?? Heh
XoXo

PPI Tracy

How does anything become an urban cowboy?  I mean legend.

I think it starts like something on Facebook.  You know, "Post the Color of your (insert undergarment here), Post a photo of your look alike".  And so on and so on.  Someone says it and before you know it, it takes on a life of it's own. 

PPI Tim

I found that story in a book of Urban Legends. My guess is that she did have six toes but had the extra toe removed so she would only have ten.

Damian

And thus begins the quest for Miss Monroe's sixth toe.  The truth is out there.   ;)
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

PPI Tim

It is really called, "The missing toe of Norma Jean".