News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

Psychic Kids

Started by ljiljanac, February 03, 2010, 12:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljiljanac

Is it wrong to want to rather watch "Little Miss Perfect" instead of Psychic Kids?     ::|

Gary

HA..... I don't even know what to say.....  LOL   :P
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Tim

Lillie, I can see you are really testing the envelope. You would prefer to watch "Little Miss Perfect instead of watching..... Psychic Kids??
Just where do your Loyalties lye young lady? ;D
And you made popcorn and everything.
What are we going to do with you??

I know......KEEP YOU!
;D
Sounds interesting...Go on.

ljiljanac

Wooooopie!!!  Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!!!    :D    by the way......NOT PSYCHIC KID Alexis won "Little Miss Perfect".  In case you were wondering.

Gary

Quote from: PPI Lillie on February 03, 2010, 01:00:14 AM
Wooooopie!!!  Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!!!    :D    by the way......NOT PSYCHIC KID Alexis won "Little Miss Perfect".  In case you were wondering.

I was indeed NOT wondering!   ;)  LOL  But we'll keep you anyways! 
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Lillie on February 03, 2010, 12:35:46 AM
Is it wrong to want to rather watch "Little Miss Perfect" instead of Psychic Kids?     ::|

Horrible image ruining confession to follow:

I dvr'd Psychic Kids and watched my dvr recording of.....oh god....i can't believe i'm actually admitting this....you can do it Tracy...you can do it...deep breath.....I watched....watched.....The....Bachelor.  AHHHHH!!!!!  Sorry.  It's like television crack.  I've been hooked on it since the first Bachelor and also the Bachelorette. 

Okay, to quote Judd Nelson, aka: John Bender in The Breakfast Club.........."That's great, Claire.  My image of you is totally blown"!

Damian

Tracy, your post segues nicely into something I was thinking about posting last night... 

Guilty pleasures in TV, movies, and music.

Since Tracy already started it off, I'll step up and sheepishly admit to enjoying many of the terrible reality shows on VH1, like Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, Charm School, Tool Academy, etc...  but, but, but, it's not my fault!  My wife got me hooked on these shows.  I avoided most reality TV, but then the addiction found me and systematically dismantled my defenses.

Also, I secretly enjoy Barry Manilow, Yanni, and Level 42.

Ok, I've put myself out there... don't leave me hangin.
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

Gary

I honestly do NOT watch reality TV... except Ghost Hunters.  That's about as real as all those other shows.  Anything to turn us into TV watching zombies!  But seriously, I watch a terrible amount of television.

Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, Sponge Bop, Malcom in the Middle, Saved by the Bell, Fresh Prince, The Office, My name is Earl, The Simpson, Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Huner Force, Futurama, Tosh.0, King of the Hill, American Dad.  Notice a trend?  Basically anything that will make me laugh my butt off!  Love to laugh.  Okay, and I have ONE other show that I enjoy watching sometimes because it always has a VERY HAPPY ending for people with rough lives.  Extreme Home Make Over.  Now that show is a tear jerker.  Dang!

I will be moving in about a month and probably won't have cable so I think my tube time will decrease significantly.  That will hopefully be a good thing!!!  hehe!
Gary \m/

PPI Karl

I confess, a lot of my alone, decompression time is spent in front of a TV watching every sort of reality TV imaginable:  from the dreck to the sublime, especially the stuff on Bravo and VH1.  Some of it makes me feel dirty, even.  (The second season of Gs to Gents comes to mind, but Tool Academy and Charm School are absolute requirements for vegetative television viewing.)  I guess the whole argument about whether or not reality television is real becomes self-evident when we admit we watch it for escapism.

I also watch a lot of the animated shows you listed, Gary.  Are you into any anime, by chance?
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Debra

Since we are doing confession: I watch allot of the mentioned shows too.

But I have one question:  Does anyone other than me get total  heebie-jeebies from Lorraine Warren
(Paranormal State)?. I can't shake the creepies when I watch her. Of course, she would say it's because I am possessed!
>:]
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Karl

Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on February 03, 2010, 02:47:22 PM
Since we are doing confession: I watch allot of the mentioned shows too.

But I have one question:  Does anyone other than me get total  heebie-jeebies from Lorraine Warren
(Paranormal State)?. I can't shake the creepies when I watch her. Of course, she would say it's because I am possessed!
>:]

Lorraine does creep me out, too, but it's because she's such a sell-out and liar who manages to convince people that she has absolute credibility.  Hey, maybe she did make a deal with the devil. ;)
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Debra

[/quote]

Lorraine does creep me out, too, but it's because she's such a sell-out and liar who manages to convince people that she has absolute credibility.  Hey, maybe she did make a deal with the devil. ;)
[/quote]

I had a similar thought: In the I Ching there is a saying "Falling necessarily creates a place to land". I was thinking she gives demons a reason to exist.

"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Tracy

Hey Damian?  Level 42 is AWESOME!  I have been listening to them since 198......ummm....a really long time, okay?  Theirs was one of the first cd's I ever purchased.  (okay...that and Toto, Michael McDonald, Stevie Wonder, Michael Hedges, David Sanborn, Hiroshima, Andreas Vollenweider.....Im probably talking about some names that you may have not heard of..) anyway...Level 42 is great.

The two shows in addition to the Bachelor/Bachelorette that I watch and are two of the funniest that I have seen are, "The Big Bang Theory" and "Cougar Town".  I never miss an episode.  I know you guys would LOVE "The Big Bang Theory".  I laugh so damn hard every show.  I also have a favorite show that is coming up that just started called, "Kell and Back".  With Kelly Cutrone.  She is President of The People's Revolution" in Los Angeles.  Clothing designer.  I actually saw her on (here I go again....) The Hills and The City.  (wow..it's confession day) and she is a HUGE BIOTCH...and I love her!  She tells it like it is, no bullsh*t and she is awesome.     
http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/the-dish/welcome-to-kell-on-earth       
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Cutrone

p.s. Yeah...I have to admit...Lorraine Warren kinda does give me that "not so fresh creeped out feeling"

pss or pps...i can never figure it out....but, one show that I LOVE LOVE LOVE...and they haven't had any new ones on lately, is "Flipping Out".  that was the greatest!  Again, another Bravo Network show.  http://www.bravotv.com/flipping-out

oh crap....i watch more tv than i thought.   :-\

Gary

Karl, I occasionally watch some Anime, but I have to say that sometimes I feel a little perverted.  I mean, if you watch Anime, I probably don't need to tell you why I feel that way, LOL!  But there are some I try to catch during [Adult Swim] weekends.  Do you have any specific Anime you like?
Gary \m/

Damian

I can relate to that!  When I look at the number of series' (not sure how to write the word for plural series) I have set to record on my DVR it becomes evident that I have a problem.

Gary, I also love many animated shows...among my top favorites are ANYTHING on Adult Swim, Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park, American Dad, King of the Hill...I could go on and on.  And Tosh.O is fricking awesome!  I've already promised my wife that we'll go see Daniel Tosh's stand-up if he comes to San Diego.  I'm big into comedies too.  The Office, and even Parks and Recreation (which seems to be hitting it's stride now).

Tracy, I knew about 50% of the musicians you're talking about.  Like I said, I really enjoy Level 42, but I'm always the subject of ridicule in social situations if that topic comes up.  I've checked out The Big Bang Theory and it's a really funny show.  Recently, I'm hooked on Modern Family.  It's one of the few sitcoms that can actually make me laugh out-loud.  And while this isn't really a guilty pleasure, I still love Seinfeld reruns and LOVE how uncomfortable Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm makes me feel.

Karl, I don't watch a lot of anime, but there are some staple classics that I still love... Akira, Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll, and I got hooked on the Death Note series too, which I hear is being made into a live-action movie.

And weighing in on Lorraine Warren, visually, she creeps me out, like a scary dour granny that could turn slasher with the flick of a switch.  But I don't know enough about her and her "career" to have an opinion on her abilities.  Out of curiousity, what are some things that stand out to you all as being suspicious with ol' Slashin Granny Warren?
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

PPI Tracy

Have you seen "Family Guy - Blue Harvest"?

Damian

Oh yeah.  AND Something Something Something Dark Side.  Riotious!

ljiljanac

Hmmmm lets see............ALL of yours plus Criminal Minds, Speeders, Housewives of Orange County, Challenge, Amazing Wedding Cakes, Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, Project Runway, Models of the Runway, Launch My Line, The Hills, The City, Road Rules, The Real World, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders; Making the Team, Ice Road Truckers, Deadly Catch, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Judge Judy, The Universe, any and every documentary having to do with Paranormal, Space, Murder and Mayhem, Twilite Zone (the old one on holidays), Gilmore Girls.....ah hell, i watch everything.   ;D

Lorraine Warren was pretty much an unknown like the rest of them before I read about her and her hubby faking people out and making people feel like they were demon haunted when they really weren't.  Now she just looks like a grandma with a grumpy face that comes into people's houses and fakes everyone out.

PPI Debra

I watch (blush) (duck) Supernatural. My husband calls it "The Two Chuckle Heads". It gives me the same comic relief that Buffy the Vampire Slayer did when I was working a the metaphysical book store.
I also watch True Blood. Reminds me of some of the folks I met at Sabbat (underground goth nightclub), back in the "elder goth" days.
And The Tudors, Big Love, House, Project Runway, Bones, Celebrity Rehab...

Gary

Quote from: PPI Lillie on February 03, 2010, 09:46:49 PM
Hmmmm lets see............ALL of yours plus Criminal Minds, Speeders, Housewives of Orange County, Challenge, Amazing Wedding Cakes, Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, Project Runway, Models of the Runway, Launch My Line, The Hills, The City, Road Rules, The Real World, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders; Making the Team, Ice Road Truckers, Deadly Catch, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Judge Judy, The Universe, any and every documentary having to do with Paranormal, Space, Murder and Mayhem, Twilite Zone (the old one on holidays), Gilmore Girls.....ah hell, i watch everything.   ;D   

LoL, Lillie, it's like you don't get enough reality at work or something!  I have enough problems dealing with the reality of people on my daily basis, yet alone turning on the TV to watch even more people try to be something they aren't and NEVER will be.    Get this.  I am a video game tester for Sony.  There is a brand new reality show out called the Tester, or something lame like that.  It's the biggest joke around our office right now.  Apparently, the winner gets hired full time with us at our office.  Little do they know, they are going to be heckled and joked on for a LONG time, that I bet they quit before a month.   They should make a reality show of how these reality show contestants cope with their REAL lives post reality show.  

I do LOVE documentaries!   ;D  On anything!
Gary \m/

ljiljanac

Gary...what a trip!  Your job sounds like fun!  I can't believe a game show winner is going to come work in your office!  Does that person just get to slide on in to a position that someone else already there may want, or does the person start "in the mail room" kind of thing?  I like to watch T.V. to decompress because I see other people with a lot more or a lot worse drama and reality than I have to deal with...it gives me hope for the next day.  haha!

Gary

I think the winner will just be an average tester like myself.  I've seen the cast and... well.... we will just have to see. 

Many years ago, I got hooked on this show on Spike TV.  I hardly remember the premise, or the title, but it involved the main guy living in a house with a bunch of other contestants, who were all actors, except for him.  When it came down to it, the guy was a truly awesome guy with excellent morals, and he was the guy who was always trying to stop the other contestants from fighting or arguing, even though he had no idea it was all an act.  But, I did get hooked.  I just don't let myself anymore, because I'm sure I'd keep watching.

Damian.... you should let me know if you heard of D. Tosh coming to SD!  I'd love to partake in that!!!   ;D

Gary \m/

ljiljanac

Joe Shmo Season 1 and 2.  I didn't watch either one because I felt sorry for him.  (sniffle)  Oh here I go....I feel a "Truman Show" movie session coming on....

Damian

Roger that, Gary!   8)

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Damian on February 03, 2010, 06:22:01 PM
Oh yeah.  AND Something Something Something Dark Side.  Riotious!

Okay, I have heard that SSSDS is really....um...how do I put this......filthy?  Like....REALLY bad.

Gary

Souonds like something I would like!   :P
Gary \m/

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Gary on February 04, 2010, 02:00:49 PM
Souonds like something I would like!   :P

If you are a Star Wars geek...like me...then yes. 

Damian

Tracy, I'll have to watch it again, but I don't really remember anything standing out to me as being any more "wrong" than usual with Family Guy.  But, then again, I might also be very desensitized now.   :)

Gary

Tracy, I meant I like anything filthy!   ;D
Gary \m/

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Gary on February 04, 2010, 04:57:58 PM
Tracy, I meant I like anything filthy!   ;D

I know.  I was tactfully trying to infer you meant something else.   ;)