News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Glenn Pitcher

Started by SCP_Dave, January 31, 2009, 08:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCP_Dave

I received a call today from PPI Brian Johnson and he informed me about Glenn's health and hospitalization. Thank you very much Brian for contacting me and informing me about this extremely saddening news. I want you all to know that Glenn and his family are in my thoughts and prayers right now more than ever. Please get well soon Glenn! The paranormal field needs you buddy!

Take care everybody!

SINCERELY,
David Walters

ldwalkup

I'm so sorry to hear about Glenn.  My prayers go out to Glenn and his family. 

GET WELL SOON, GLENN!!!!

PPI Karl

Quote from: ldwalkup on February 01, 2009, 08:21:56 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Glenn.  My prayers go out to Glenn and his family. 

GET WELL SOON, GLENN!!!!

Thanks, Linda.  Several of us visited Glenn today and, although he wasn't awake enough to talk with us, we spoke with his wife about his condition.  We should know something more definitive by tomorrow about what sort of surgery and likely outcome Glenn's facing.  I'll post more details when they come to light.  Thanks so much for your prayers.  I don't think Glenn's going to be on the internet for awhile, so I will pass along your support to Glenn and his wife when I next talk to them this week.  I know it will mean a lot to them.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Tracy

Thank you for keeping us up to date on this, Karl.  As I've said before; Glenn has a special place in my heart and the heart of my family.  He is wonderful human being and a great friend.  Please let Glenn and Missy know that that Cary, Taylor and myself are praying for their entire family. I fully expect Glenn to recover from this and come back to PPI with a vengeance.  Dave is right; this field DOES need him.

PPI Karl

I'm going to try to go in to see Glenn tomorrow afternoon before work.  (I don't think he or Missy is going to need anyone around today while they're deciding on surgery or no surgery.)  I'll make sure to pass along everyone's well wishes to him and Missy. 

Also, kudos to Brian J for contacting us all so quickly on Saturday.  Thank you, Brian.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

Brian Johnson

No Problem. Karl what time are you going up? I would like to go as well if I may.

PPI Tracy

Yes, I concur with Karl - Thank you so much for letting everyone know the situation, Brian!

PPI Karl

Quote from: PPI Brian on February 02, 2009, 07:32:21 PM
No Problem. Karl what time are you going up? I would like to go as well if I may.

Brian, I'm going to try to visit Glenn before I go into work.  I'd like to leave my place by 2:00 p.m., because I have to be in my office by 4:00 p.m.  You might want to take a separate car because I'm heading straight into work afterward.  However, it would be great if you could visit Glenn with me, too.  (If he's not able to talk and Missy's not there, at least we'll have each other.  ;D)

PPI Brian

Hi Karl,

Did you get to see Glenn today? I wanted to go but got stuck in the office completing responses to interrogatories for a pending lawsuit.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

johnny

I'm so sorry to hear someone in the PPI family is not doing well. I hope they recover quickly.
I know I"m just part of the online community but I am pulling for him to get better and hope his family is OK too. It sure seems like he is getting good support on here.
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

PPI Karl

Quote from: johnny on February 04, 2009, 12:17:27 AM
I'm so sorry to hear someone in the PPI family is not doing well. I hope they recover quickly.
I know I"m just part of the online community but I am pulling for him to get better and hope his family is OK too. It sure seems like he is getting good support.
Thank you, Johnny, for your kind words.  I know Glenn will read these threads eventually, and he'll really appreciate your good thoughts.

I was able to see Glenn this afternoon.  He was in a much better condition than he was on Sunday in that he was conscious and talking.  He had occasional waves of pain while I was there, but at least it's not the constant unrelenting wild pain that brought him there.  They're giving him the painkillers at night only, now.  I guess that's an improvement, too.   They still haven't performed surgery yet because they're waiting for the antibiotics to do their work first.  And, Glenn is still very, very weak.  However, his color looks so much better than it was on Sunday, and overall his mood seems cautiously optimistic.  (He thinks the doctors are withholding information from him, but it might be the drugs talking.  Still, I'd be afraid, too, if I didn't know exactly what they were going to do or how bad my problem was.)  They're continuing to do CAT scans in the mean time to figure out how severe the diverticulitis is, which will determine whether or not they have to go in and resect his bowel. 

I'd like to go back to see him on Thursday or Friday.  Dave, Ellie and Tony came by on Monday night to see him, which I know he really, really appreciated; it really lifted his spirits.  I know he's anxious to see every one of us, and I think he's going to be there for some time.  It was also nice to meet Missy finally.  I think she needs visitors almost as much as Glenn.

PPI Brian

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the update. I hope to stop by and see him on either tomorrow or Thursday afternoon. 

PPI Tracy

Karl - Thank you so much for keeping us up to date on what is happening.  Brian Johnson called me yesterday and we spoke for a bit.  He said that his spirits were a little higher but he indeed was still very week.  I'm so glad that Dave, Ellie and Tony went to see him.  I'm sure that meant more to Glenn than any of us know.  Glenn is so important to so many people.  I think when everyone is happy and healthy, we tend to just go day to day and can so easily take each other for granted.   My hope is that Glenn knows how much he is cared for and just how much support he has.  Karl or "The Brians" ...if you talk to him, please pass along our well wishes and let him know that he is in our thoughts and prayers.   

PPI Brian

Karl, Brian J and I visited with Glenn this afternoon. He was very tired but he spoke to us for quite some time. He even seemed a little ornery, which is a good sign.  ;D

PPI Tracy

Right on!  That's the Glenn we all know and love.  ;D

PPI Karl

Quote from: TAPS Tracy on February 04, 2009, 11:14:20 AM
Karl - Thank you so much for keeping us up to date on what is happening.  Brian Johnson called me yesterday and we spoke for a bit.  He said that his spirits were a little higher but he indeed was still very week.  I'm so glad that Dave, Ellie and Tony went to see him.  I'm sure that meant more to Glenn than any of us know.  Glenn is so important to so many people.  I think when everyone is happy and healthy, we tend to just go day to day and can so easily take each other for granted.   My hope is that Glenn knows how much he is cared for and just how much support he has.  Karl or "The Brians" ...if you talk to him, please pass along our well wishes and let him know that he is in our thoughts and prayers.   

Hi, Tracy.  I printed out the comments from threads on PPI and on TAPS Family and gave them to Glenn yesterday to read.  However, on Tuesday, I personally conveyed your well wishes to him and told him what you wrote.  Missy was there as well, and they were both really touched and very grateful.  Just thought you should know that.

I would like to give Glenn another visit on Saturday afternoon, while I'm on my way up to Ontario (since it's on the way, after all).  In the meantime, Glenn wants everyone to know how thankful he is for your prayers and support.  In his own words, "You?ll never know how much that means to me right now.  I feel so lucky to have so many friends.  I believe prayers  do make a difference, and I?m just grateful to everyone who?s thinking about me.  Please keep the prayers and good thoughts coming.  They really are helping.?

PPI Tracy

Karl - this is so comforting to know.  When you have love, support and friendship, it is amazing what it does for the spirit and the soul.  It can be very healing. I'm so glad that Glenn is able to know just how much people care about him.  Thank you so much, Karl.

ldwalkup

Karl,
Thank you for the ongoing updates.  Glad to hear he's feeling a little bit better before surgery.   Give him and his family my best and I'll be thinking of him.   

Brian Johnson

I received a call from Glenn's wife today. She informed me that Glenn has taken "a turn for the worse". Apparently they found another abscess in one of his divirticuli. They surgeon is going to try and drain it tomorrow, however, if he is unable to perform the procedure, Glenn might be facing surgery again.

SCP_Dave

Quote from: PPI Brian on February 08, 2009, 09:02:01 PM
I received a call from Glenn's wife today. She informed me that Glenn has taken "a turn for the worse". Apparently they found another abscess in one of his divirticuli. They surgeon is going to try and drain it tomorrow, however, if he is unable to perform the procedure, Glenn might be facing surgery again.

Brian, thanks again or contacting us and letting me know this. I'm sorry I missed the call. I did get the voicemail shortly afterwards though. I really hope Glenn gets better as soon as possible. Tony, Ellie and I will be visiting him again later this week. Take care everyone! Thanks again Brian for keeping us all up to date on this!

Dave

babyboo61

Hello everyone,

My prayers go out to Glen and his family, I met him when I had two investigations done.   He made me feel very comfortable when we spoke about the activity that was going on in my house.  He truly is a very knowledgable person that is definitely needed on the team!  May he get well soon.

Sincerely,

Susan Alvarez

PPI Karl

I'm going to go see Glenn tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday, Feb. 11), leaving my place at 2:00 p.m.  If anyone wants to come along, the more the merrier.  Brian J., are you game?

I really wanted to go today, but I just can't; too many work related things I need to finish this afternoon before my office hour.  I feel bad 'cause I'm worried about him, but what can I do?  I'll sneak in a Whitman's Sampler tomorrow or somethin'. :D

johnny

I appreciated reading up on this, hope no one minds.  . I saw Brian PM'd me but was away from the PC at the time.  I hope Glenn recovers fully and quickly, hope they doctors make him feel more comfortable about the decisions they will be making to help him recover more quickly from what is ailing him. Again, I send my positive thoughts and wishes his way.
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

PPI Brian

Hi Karl,

I will try to join you unless something catastrophic happens.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the well wishes. Glenn really appreciates the thoughts and prayers at this time.

PPI Brian

Hey everybody,

I just spoke with Glenn on the phone and he wanted me to thank all of our PPI family members for their well wishes and their prayers during this very difficult time. He also wanted me to give everyone an update on his condition.

Over the weekend Glenn took a turn for the worse. He was in a lot of pain and he wasn't responding well to the treatments. His doctors performed a series of CT scans and determined that he had an abcess on his large intestine the size of a fist. Glenn said they inserted a drain and "all this really nasty stuff came out". They aspirated over 100cc's of fluid, but didn't want to risk rupturing the abcess by draining it too quickly, so they left the drain in place. Since the drain was inserted he has felt some relief but he is still very weak and in a lot of pain. They are closely monitoring his condition, and the doctors hope the antibiotics will reduce his white blood cell count to 10,000 or so. Right now his white blood cell count is over 20,000. If they cannot get his white cell count down they may perform a temporary colostomy to allow his large intestine to heal. We are all hoping that will not be the case, and that Glenn will respond well to the antibiotics. We all want to see him back on his feet and back home with Missy and Kimmy as soon as possible.

Again, Glenn wanted me to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes. Please keep him in your thoughts. We will continue to share your comments with him during our hospital visits.

PPI Jason

Brian,

Thank you for the update. I hope that a few of us can get together and see him again this weekend. It sounds like it's rough going, but all things considered, things seem to be slowly getting better (at least in contrast to those first few miserable days). I like that he is communicating. I know we all really want to see him get better soon.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

Brian Johnson

I was thinking of going up on Sunday, does anyone want to join me?

PPI Tracy

Bri - What hospital is he at?

PPI Karl

Glenn's at Pomerado Hospital, Poway.  They've moved him from 210 `to Room 423.  I'd like to join you this weekend, if I may.  There's a chance that Glenn might be going home on Sunday, so I would definitely recommend calling ahead to see if he's thar.

PPI Tracy

Thanks, Karl.  Wow...if there is a chance he is going home on Sunday, then he may be improving?  Lord, I hope so.