News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Haunted Collector

Started by PPI Karl, June 06, 2011, 05:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Karl

The latest "me too" show to turn up on the summer roster of the Syfy channel showcases John Zaffis in a strange hybrid of American Pickers and Ghost Hunters.  The premise of Haunted Collector kind of reminds me of the hit 1980s TV series Friday, the 13th.  In fact, Zaffis and his cohorts even sort of look like Chris Wiggins and the other cast members from the 80s series.  Anyone else think that's intentional?

If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Debra

LOL!

And then there's Warehouse 13.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Karl

Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on June 06, 2011, 06:53:58 PM
LOL!

Right on!  :D  There's a strange theme at work here.  Anyone remember Warehouse 13's Saul Rubinek in his role as Fazio, the "Collector" of rare intergalactic items, in an episode of Star Trek:  The Next Genreation?
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Karl on June 06, 2011, 07:48:01 PM
Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on June 06, 2011, 06:53:58 PM
LOL!

Right on!  :D  There's a strange theme at work here.  Anyone remember Warehouse 13's Saul Rubinek in his role as Fazio, the "Collector" of rare intergalactic items, in an episode of Star Trek:  The Next Genreation?

Curious.
(I couldn't remember where I saw him before.)
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Karl on June 06, 2011, 05:37:15 PM
The latest "me too" show to turn up on the summer roster of the Syfy channel showcases John Zaffis in a strange hybrid of American Pickers and Ghost Hunters.  The premise of Haunted Collector kind of reminds me of the hit 1980s TV series Friday, the 13th.  In fact, Zaffis and his cohorts even sort of look like Chris Wiggins and the other cast members from the 80s series.  Anyone else think that's intentional?

LOL! The resemblance is striking. They really do look like the cast of the 80's television show "Friday the 13th - The Series". I believe that's John's daughter and son in that picture.

I rediscovered a few episodes of "Friday the 13th - The Series" when we moved into our house. I was amazed those old VHS tapes were still in decent shape after 20 some odd years. They finally released the show on DVD last year, and I broke down and bought all three seasons. It's cheezy but I still like them for some strange reason. ;D

I caught an episode of Haunted Collector and actually thought it was intriguing. Yes, I admit it. I still watch paranormal TV.  :)
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

I dvr'd it and watched my first episode.  I think it's pretty good.  They do need to dial the cheezy music waaaay down though.  Hopefully that will come in time.  I know Zaffis does a lot of wonderful work and helps so many people.  I think his intentions are pure and from what I know of him, they will probably stay that way.  I just hope it doesn't end up changing him like so many others that have gotten into these types of programs/reality tv/etc.

p.s. If you are recording this, make sure you set your dvr to record one minute over.  I learned this already.   :(

PPI Tim

I thought that Friday the 13th was a awesome show. These people do look sterotypical from the series.
Sounds interesting...Go on.