News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

Insensitive Spam, Per Usual

Started by PPI Karl, January 14, 2010, 03:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Karl

Anyone as offended by these "Get a Way to Puerto Rico - Book Now" ads?  C'mon!  Like I'm going to "get away from it all" in Puerto Rico knowing hundreds of thousands of people are dead and missing on the next island over.  It's almost as insensitive as news stations going on and on about having to go in to Port-au-Prince and rescuing Americans--as if it's the only reason Americans should care about the disaster.  Someone, talk me down please. My blood pressure is rising.  >:[
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Tim

Karl,
They would send these ads to Haiti but nothing works there now.
Porto-au-Prince now is called Porto-Potty.
Events like this bring out the best and worst of people. I heard a story that people(scum) are shouting "Earthquake" so when people leave their shelters, other people can go in and rob them of what little they have left.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

ljiljanac

Seriously, I don't watch the news...that being a huge reason why.  Yes, we care about Americans.  But YES, we care about the rest of the people there that are suffering.  In my opinion, the news media is full of a bunch of diva-wannabe's who push the idea that Americans only care about Americans, and that Americans are better than everyone else.  They print what they want to print, they air what they want to air, they spin what they want to spin, and they don't do their homework before they open their mouths.  CNN would be the worst in that latter category  (don't get me started) !  Oh!  And what is up with them all trying to talk the exact same way in the exact same tone!!????  The women do this the most, and it is soooooooooooooooo irritating!  "YOU are NOT a MAN!!!  Speak with your normal voice!!!!"   

Oooooookaaaaaaaay........I feel better now.  Should anyone reading this be a member of the press and take offense, pardone-em-mwa.  I realize there are a few (A FEW) exceptions.  Please feel free to point them out to me. 

Sorry, Karl, I don't know if that helped your blood pressure go down or not.   ;D 

PPI Tracy

Quote from: ljiljanac on January 14, 2010, 05:17:01 PM
Oh!  And what is up with them all trying to talk the exact same way in the exact same tone!!????  The women do this the most, and it is soooooooooooooooo irritating!  "YOU are NOT a MAN!!!  Speak with your normal voice!!!!"   

OH.....MY....GOD!!!!  I KNOW!!!!  That has bugged me for so long.  In fact I even said something to my husband this past Sunday about it during a golf commentary.  The lady was trying to sound like a dude!  I have heard this same woman on other news stations and she sounds completely different!  That totally bugs me.  Not every commentator does that, but there are a few in particular that do and it just gets under my skin. 

PPI Tim

The term "If it bleeds, it leads" comes to mind and all the news channels are going play it.
I know what happened. I think everyone knows what happened. They are going to beat this horse to death until the next horrible event appears like.......fill in the blank........here.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Brian

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

Pat Robertson has just an amazing intellect and such a way with words:   ::|

"They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it's a deal."

Shame on Pat Robertson and shame on the Huffington Post.  Both rag mags.

PPI Brian

Apparently Pat Robertson speaks to the Devil. How else would he know what the Devil said?  :)
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan