Author Topic: Characteristics of Apparitions  (Read 1010 times)

Offline PPI Brian

• Super Administrator
  • Critical Mass
  • The Truth is Out There
    • Pacific Paranormal Investigations on Facebook
Stumbled across this article on the Public Parapsychology website and thought it was worth sharing with our PPI forum family members:
http://publicparapsychology.blogspot.com/2009/11/apparitional-experiences-primer.html

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

Offline PPI Tim

• Super Administrator
  • Critical Mass
  • TIMMY!!
Hey Brian,
How much do you think that this article claims is valid?
Sounds interesting...Go on.

Offline PPI Brian

• Super Administrator
  • Critical Mass
  • The Truth is Out There
Hi Tim,

I'm not exactly sure. Some of the information appears to be legit, while the rest appears to be pure speculation. Of course, in this field, speculation is often quoted as fact.  :)

Offline PPI Tracy

• PPI Reserve Investigator
  • Critical Mass
Just how every person is different, I think the same holds true for apparitions and how various individuals actually visually see them, feel them and just observe them in general.  Make sense? 

Offline PPI Tracy

• Critical Mass
How funny.  This is the exact site and exact article I got my recent "Apparitions" thread postings from. 

Offline PPI Brian

• Super Administrator
  • Critical Mass
  • The Truth is Out There
LOL! Great minds think alike.  ;D

Offline PPI Tracy

• Critical Mass

ljiljanac

I've always wondered if the degree of manifestation of an apparition (solid, see-through, filmy, etc) is directly proportional to the amount of "fuel" or "battery power" (EMF, emotion, etc) that it has to draw off of.

Offline PPI Tracy

• Critical Mass
I've always wondered if the degree of manifestation of an apparition (solid, see-through, filmy, etc) is directly proportional to the amount of "fuel" or "battery power" (EMF, emotion, etc) that it has to draw off of.

Me too, Lillie.  Absolutely.

Offline Damian

• Critical Mass
  • When the student is ready, the master appears.
Lillie, I think that's a good working theory...especially if you're of the mind that an entity is energy.
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

ljiljanac

Lillie, I think that's a good working theory...especially if you're of the mind that an entity is energy.

Damian, I find I can understand things easier by equating them to mechanics or something nutsy and boltsy or battery-ie.   ;D

So, if an entity IS energy, I wonder if entities are different from one another in how much energy an individual entity needs to manifest itself (i.e. one can manifest itself where there is no power sources but only the environment like a cemetary or old castle, etc...as opposed to a house with electricity, water, etc.)

Offline Damian

• Critical Mass
  • When the student is ready, the master appears.
I like it!  I'm of the same mind.
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum