Author Topic: Places near water  (Read 176 times)

Offline PPI Tim

• Super Administrator
  • Critical Mass
  • TIMMY!!
    • Pacific Paranormal Investigations on Facebook
Hey Guys,
I heard of a theory that places near or on water are more likely to have paranormal activity.
Why?
Tim
Sounds interesting...Go on.

Offline PPI Tracy

• PPI Reserve Investigator
  • Critical Mass
Yes.  I sure have.  It is said that it somehow fosters the energy that spirits need to manifest/exist.  That is all I know, but yes, I have heard that before.  I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind it though. 

Offline PPI Tim

• Super Administrator
  • Critical Mass
  • TIMMY!!
I also wondered if places near fresh water had more paranormal activity then places near saltwater?

Offline bellalaghoste

• Critical Mass
I heard that too.

Offline PPI Tracy

• Critical Mass
I also wondered if places near fresh water had more paranormal activity then places near saltwater?

That is an interesting theory to ponder.  I would think it might be saltwater, because we hear of rock with a high content of say, Limestone or Granite, having the ability to 'hold" paranormal activity.  Could minerals be the key?  Could I be completely nuts?  Do I need more coffee?....yup.

Offline PPI Tim

• Super Administrator
  • Critical Mass
  • TIMMY!!
Do you think it has to do with the salt content?

Offline PPI Tracy

• Critical Mass
Do you think it has to do with the salt content?

Maybe. It's a mineral....so.....so......I don't know what I am talking about.  Me needs to do ma research furst..........

SCP_Dave

Yeah, but isn't the body made up of like 80% water? Hmmm  :-\

Offline SCP Ellie

• Inquisitive Soul
Yes..........where are you going with that David?
Life feeds on Life

SCP_Dave

I need to pee

Offline PPI Jason

• Critical Mass
Some theories, however, say ghosts don't like water. When I was in South Carolina people would paint the roofs of their porches "haint blue" to ward off ghosts. The theory was that ghosts don't like water and that particular shade of blue closely approximates the color of water.

Until someone actually starts collecting data that shows some type of correlation, I think it's all just speculation.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

Offline PPI Tim

• Super Administrator
  • Critical Mass
  • TIMMY!!
I think that it all depends where the ghost resides.
If the tragic event happened in or on the water, you will hear stories of hauntings on or near a source of water.
If the tragic event happened on land, you will hear stories of hauntings that are on land.

I believe that Jason is right. This would be one of those issues that a collective database would be good to have so statistics could be generated.