News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

Grossmont College Ghost.

Started by PPI Tim, July 02, 2013, 10:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Tim

Hey Guys,
A patron in the library where I work came in the other day and asked if I have ever heard about a ghost at Grossmont College? According to him, the ghost resides in the little theatre of the Grossmont College Drama Department. He also said that there were a number of people who have experienced strange things going on in that room.
Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Theresa

Hmmmmmm. I never heard anything about it when I went there (13 years ago).
But isn't there *always* a ghost in a theatre?  :P
I liked U2 before U2 was cool

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Theresa on July 03, 2013, 12:15:15 AM
Hmmmmmm. I never heard anything about it when I went there (13 years ago).
But isn't there *always* a ghost in a theatre?  :P

Don't tell me... it's a little girl ghost.   :)
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Theresa

I liked U2 before U2 was cool

PPI Tim

My aren't we jaded. ::|
I was hoping that Karl could find out more since it is on his campus.

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Tim on July 02, 2013, 10:08:21 PM
Hey Guys,
A patron in the library where I work came in the other day and asked if I have ever heard about a ghost at Grossmont College? According to him, the ghost resides in the little theatre of the Grossmont College Drama Department. He also said that there were a number of people who have experienced strange things going on in that room.
Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

I hadn't heard that, either. I even worked in the art dept. in the late 80's.

I've heard that the Ken theater on Adams avenue is haunted.
There is something about theaters and hauntings in general.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Tim

It seems there is always someone playing the role of ghost. :P

PPI Karl

Tim, do you mean the smaller of the two theaters on campus?  If so, they call it the "Lab Theater."  I've been in it on several occasions.  It's mostly just an acting classroom, but it has a little dressing room off the side that connects it to the main Stagehouse Theater.  This is the first I've heard of a Lab Theater ghost on campus, but I'll poke around and try to find out more.  "I do foreswear it."
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Tim

I believe that the patron was indicating the Little Theatre. The one where we held the first science and beyond program.

PPI Karl

Quote from: PPI Tim on July 05, 2013, 01:51:20 PM
I believe that the patron was indicating the Little Theatre. The one where we held the first science and beyond program.

Ah!  Now I see.  That was actually Room 220.  They removed the stage during the remodel early last year, so it's more of a straightforward lecture hall now.  As far as capacity goes, it actually was a little bigger than the Stagehouse Theater, so I'm still wondering if maybe he meant the lab theater?  Regardless, I'll look into it.  Thanks for the tip, Tim.

By the way, I'm still interested in investigating the Ken Cinema's ghost, too.  Maybe we can talk about that more tonight?
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.