News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Rocket? Optical Illusion?

Started by PPI Tracy, November 09, 2010, 05:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Debra

"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

Gary

I would agree with the jet contrails theory.  With the right winds, that is very possible.
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

Gary

Came across this video footage on our own KFMB website.  Actually does look like a rocket,
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Tim

It's Ironman.

Tony Stark is at it again.

Without knowing if the military said if they officially launched a rocket, Knowing the direction that the vapor trail was heading, The current atmospheric conditions and checking with local air traffic controllers I can't tell you what exactly it is.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

Damian

Funny, I came across that same story this morning and was going to post it to the forums.

I can see how it could be an optical illusion.  What troubles me is that the object wasn't picked up on radar, in close proximity to a major national metropolis no less.  It's a little unnerving that no one seems to know what this thing is, and it wasn't able to be determined where this thing was heading and where it would come down.

The single repressed molecule of conspiracy-theorist in me thinks its some sort of a military cover-up, but the little kid in me likes the sugary crunch.   ;)

I wonder if there is a way to estimate the size of the "missile" based on analysis of the visible contrails.
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

PPI Debra

This just came in on the AP World News wire:

"Pentagon 'satisfied' that contrail seen in video off Calif. coast was not a missile, but was 'likely caused by an aircraft' - NBC"
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Karl

Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on November 10, 2010, 01:10:37 PM
This just came in on the AP World News wire:

"Pentagon 'satisfied' that contrail seen in video off Calif. coast was not a missile, but was 'likely caused by an aircraft' - NBC"

Here's a link to an article that expounds on this statement:
http://www.space.com/news/pentagon-says-mystery-contrail-not-missile-101110.html

The aircraft contrail interpretation remains in dispute.  (I hope to god this doesn't show up on Paranormal Files:  Fact or Fiction.)
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Tracy

No doubt, huh Karl!!!!

My co-worker who is a huge weather buff, explained it as actually an aircraft contrail.  He said that because it was very windy that day, it added to the illusion that it was vertical when actually it was more horizontal.  He said that when you viewed it, you were actually looking at it "flat" instead of in 3-d, the way is truly is.  He said that the fact that it appeared "wider" the closer it was to the ground, only added to the sense that it looked as if it was made by a rocket. 

Make sense?  Yeah....I had the same reaction.   :-\

PPI Debra

PPI Tracy

Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on December 05, 2010, 03:27:35 PM
Tracy, your friend was right.

It was a contrail of flight UPS902 from Honolulu to Ontario, CA.

http://forgetomori.com/2010/ufos/ufo-photos/ghost-rocket-in-california-was-flight-ups902/

WOW!  So he was right!  That's awesome.  Ah...ahem....I mean....I had total faith in what he was saying was true.   ;)

Seriously, that is really great info, Deb.  I'll be sure and share it with him.