News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

No One Dies in LillyDale

Started by PPI Debra, July 07, 2010, 11:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Debra

HBO has a documentary on right now: No One Dies LillyDale.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Karl

What's this documentary about?  Sounds intriguing.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Karl on July 07, 2010, 11:36:26 PM
What's this documentary about?  Sounds intriguing.

It about a colony of spiritualists. It shows them doing seances and talking to dead folk. There's a colony of them here in San Diego, called Harmony Grove.
It's actually a bit on the "mushy" side. I want to like it... but...
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

Damian

This is the colony/community that my great-great grandmother was a part of!  Cool!  I only became aware of this after talking with my grandma about paranormal investigating during my last business trip to Vegas earlier this year.

I just set my DVR to record it tonight.  I can't wait to watch!

Thanks for sharing this Debra!
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

PPI Brian

Ah, yes -- Lillydale. Intriguing place. Is this the trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/v/jquQCesQ-yI&hl=en_US&fs=1
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Brian

Here's another video about this HBO Special:

http://www.youtube.com/v/ym76QfhXna4&hl=en_US&fs=1

PPI Karl

I'm sorry not to have been able to watch this.  (We don't subscribe to HBO.)  Looks very interesting!
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Brian

Neither do we.  :'(

Perhaps Damian could burn us a copy of his DVD?

PPI Jason

Is it a requirement to wear too much make-up when you are a medium (or real estated agent) or is it just that the genes associated with mediumness are intertwined with the genes for natural looking botox type lips?

That may seem like a loaded question, but it isnt really.  ;)
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Jason on July 09, 2010, 09:26:51 PM
Is it a requirement to wear too much make-up when you are a medium (or real estated agent) or is it just that the genes associated with mediumness are intertwined with the genes for natural looking botox type lips?

That may seem like a loaded question, but it isnt really.  ;)
LOL!

Another thing along those lines that I have wondered: are there any thin mediums?

PPI Debra

Anyone up for a field trip to Harmony Grove in North County, where the church rocks while the ghosts knock?

Gary

Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on July 09, 2010, 11:15:57 PM
Anyone up for a field trip to Harmony Grove in North County, where the church rocks while the ghosts knock?

I am always down for a road trip!   ;D
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Jason

Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Tracy

PPI Debra

Damian

Yup, I would be up for a field trip to Harmony Grove.

Unfortunately the episode is on my DVR and I don't know how to extract the video to make a DVD.  I kept the show on my dvr so if any of you have experience and can talk me through the process I'm happy to make some copies.
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

ljiljanac

That would be a very cool trip to make!!!  In spite of the fact that I am skeptical of psychics and mediums, I like them so far and the message they were sending during the HBO special.  The only thing that I am not sure of my feelings on is when they stated that most who pass apologize for their actions while living and, therefore, don't send negative messages through.  I do understand why these ladies do not pass on negative messages.  I understand their purpose to be in healing, which I admire.    :)