News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

a Bigfoot captured in Georgia - breaking news seriously

Started by johnny, August 13, 2008, 01:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny

This has been breaking news and they are going to hold a news conference real soon from what I've been reading. But I saw two photos of it as well and don't know what to think. but it really looks like Harry from Harry and the Hendersons.

Don't know if this is a joke or serious but it's making pages everywhere.

www.searchingforbigfoot.com

Their website is being hammered and keeps going down. trying to find some news outlet syndicating the story...
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

PPI Karl

from The Inquistr: http://www.inquisitr.com/2357/has-bigfoot-been-found/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    August 12, 2008
    BIGFOOT BODY FOUND
    DNA evidence and photo evidence to be presented at a
    PRESS CONFERENCE
    to be held on
    Date: Friday, August 15, 2008
    Time: From 12Noon-1:00pm
    Place: Cabana Hotel-Palo Alto (A Crown Plaza Resort) 4290 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, California 94306

Searching for Bigfoot, Inc. Menlo Park, California
    Tom Biscardi, CEO

BIGFOOT BODY FOUND - EVIDENCE AND DNA DETAILS TO BE PRESENTED AT A PRESS CONFERENCE ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 15th

FROM 12 N00N TO 1:00PM AT THE CABANA HOTEL-PALO ALTO IN PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA

A body that may very well be the body of the creature commonly known as ?Bigfoot? has been found in the woods in northern Georgia.

DNA evidence and photo evidence of the creature will be presented in a press conference on Friday, August 15th from 12 Noon to 1:00pm at the Cabana Hotel-Palo Alto at 4290 El Camino Real in Palo Alto, California, 94306. The press conference will not be open to the public. It will only be open to credentialed members of the press.
    Here are some of the vital statistics on the ?Bigfoot? body:
    *The creature is seven feet seven inches tall.
    *It weighs over five hundred pounds.
    *The creature looks like it is part human and part ape-like.
    *It is male.
    *It has reddish hair and blackish-grey eyes.
    *It has two arms and two legs, and five fingers on each hand and
    five toes on each foot.
    *The feet are flat and similar to human feet.
    *Its footprint is sixteen and three-quarters inches long and five and three-quarters inches wide at the heel.
    *From the palm of the hand to the tip of the middle finger, its hands are
    eleven and three-quarters inches long and six and one-quarter inches wide.
    *The creatures walk upright. (Several of them were sighted on the same day that the body was found.)
    *The teeth are more human-like than ape-like.
    *DNA tests are currently being done and the current DNA and photo evidence will be presented at the press conference on Friday, August 15th.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

CACPIR_Dave

Have any reputable news organizations reported this story?

PPI Karl

I don't think it's an issue any world-class news agency would take up right away.  That's why Fox News has.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

johnny

If you go to google news and search for bigfoot then sort by date, it seems FOX news has been picking it up.

Also looking at this Chupucabra video, that is one interesting canine and it seems to correlate with all the Chupucabra hunters findings in the past, that it seems like a canine of some sorts. some thinking it was a large hairless wolf.. hmm...

http://www.khou.com/news/state/stories/khou080812_jj_chupacabra_spotted_cuero.3c65ff5b.html

video:
http://www.khou.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=272250

bellalaghoste

wow big foot I can not wait.  Is anyone going to the press conference?

Kristen

Quote from: johnny on August 13, 2008, 06:09:34 PM
If you go to google news and search for bigfoot then sort by date, it seems FOX news has been picking it up.

Also looking at this Chupucabra video, that is one interesting canine and it seems to correlate with all the Chupucabra hunters findings in the past, that it seems like a canine of some sorts. some thinking it was a large hairless wolf.. hmm...

http://www.khou.com/news/state/stories/khou080812_jj_chupacabra_spotted_cuero.3c65ff5b.html

video:
http://www.khou.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=272250

So just because they have never seen it before it is automatically a chupacabra suspect?  I find that pretty ridiculous.  That animal was pretty small to take on full size cattle as the "chupacabra" suspects claim.

As for bigfoot, if the evidence is supported, this could be exciting news in the world.  I can't jump to any conclusion until more is known.  It's hard to say from just a picture.  I'd be interested to listen or watch the press conference.  Does anyone know if it will be aired?
Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.  ~Marie Curie

bellalaghoste

well I agree about the hair less dog or something but can't for big foot

Kristen

PPI Brian

I too am extremely skeptical about this story. The face in the original photo looks like a mask on a dead bear carcass. I would only get excited about such a find if it were being presented by a credentialled primatologist.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tim

ROTFLMAO!!!

Yes you too can be Bigfoot for Halloween.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

Kristen

Who fills a freezer with water by the way?  If these are experienced hunters as they claim, wouldn't they know how to freeze their catch properly?  I hate to pull the redneck card out for this one but it seems deserving...which in turn means I have to post a joke.   ;D

Two rednecks were hunting one day and all of a sudden one of them keels over, out like a light.
The other redneck, not knowing what to do quickly calls 911. When the operator asks "what's wrong?", He says "I don't know we were just walking along and Bubba just falls over.
The operator asks "Is he dead?" and the redneck says "I don't know that either".
The operator says "well you need to make sure!"
The redneck says okay and lays the phone down.
A few seconds pass and then the operator hears "cha click, boom!"
The redneck comes back on the line and asks "Now What?"

johnny

I thought from the beginning that the image of the carcass seemed too much like that of Harry from Harry and the Hendersons...  fake.  something about it didn't seem right...  however, lots of news affiliates are picking this up now... it's spreading.  If this is a hoax, it's a good one and it's really getting good media coverage.  If it's genuine, well, just slap me and call me silly.

google news search on bigfoot
http://news.google.com/news?ned=us&hl=en&ned=us&scoring=n&q=bigfoot&btnG=Search

this article claims one of the people who claim to have found bigfoot has been involved in hoaxes before. 3 times in fact.. hmm..
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080814/BLOG01/80814030/1001/NEW

Yeah I can't believe that Chupucabra one made so much news, maybe trying to de-mystify the Chupucabra as an unknown type of canine instead of the half man/monster it was thought to be?  It looks like a furless canine to me.

bellalaghoste

Well we will seen If it real or not tommorrow I can't wait. 

PPI Tim

Quote from: PPI Karl on August 13, 2008, 01:48:57 PM
from The Inquistr: http://www.inquisitr.com/2357/has-bigfoot-been-found/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    August 12, 2008
    BIGFOOT BODY FOUND
    DNA evidence and photo evidence to be presented at a
    PRESS CONFERENCE
    to be held on
    Date: Friday, August 15, 2008
    Time: From 12Noon-1:00pm
    Place: Cabana Hotel-Palo Alto (A Crown Plaza Resort) 4290 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, California 94306

Searching for Bigfoot, Inc. Menlo Park, California
    Tom Biscardi, CEO

BIGFOOT BODY FOUND - EVIDENCE AND DNA DETAILS TO BE PRESENTED AT A PRESS CONFERENCE ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 15th

FROM 12 N00N TO 1:00PM AT THE CABANA HOTEL-PALO ALTO IN PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA

A body that may very well be the body of the creature commonly known as ?Bigfoot? has been found in the woods in northern Georgia.

DNA evidence and photo evidence of the creature will be presented in a press conference on Friday, August 15th from 12 Noon to 1:00pm at the Cabana Hotel-Palo Alto at 4290 El Camino Real in Palo Alto, California, 94306. The press conference will not be open to the public. It will only be open to credentialed members of the press.
    Here are some of the vital statistics on the ?Bigfoot? body:
    *The creature is seven feet seven inches tall.
    *It weighs over five hundred pounds.
    *The creature looks like it is part human and part ape-like.
    *It is male.
    *It has reddish hair and blackish-grey eyes.
    *It has two arms and two legs, and five fingers on each hand and
    five toes on each foot.
    *The feet are flat and similar to human feet.
    *Its footprint is sixteen and three-quarters inches long and five and three-quarters inches wide at the heel.
    *From the palm of the hand to the tip of the middle finger, its hands are
    eleven and three-quarters inches long and six and one-quarter inches wide.
    *The creatures walk upright. (Several of them were sighted on the same day that the body was found.)
    *The teeth are more human-like than ape-like.
    *DNA tests are currently being done and the current DNA and photo evidence will be presented at the press conference on Friday, August 15th.

They finally whacked the Caveman from the Geico commercial. God I'm sick of those ads!

bellalaghoste

does he not like jokes he might punch us or chase us does he like jurky. 

PPI Brian

Found this article on the web today: Bigfoot Experts Skeptical of Body in Freezer:)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404321,00.html

PPI Karl

The press conference, apparently, was a letdown.  This one's losing it's credibility faster than even Richard Hoagland.

PPI Brian

johnny

:)  that is funny...   as they dig themselves into deeper holes and completely discredit themselves it sounds like some publicity stunt. Since their efforts to prove their possession of Harry from Harry and the Hendersons.

However this news outlet found some shocking footage on youtube!  ;D 

http://www.citypaper.net/blogs/clog/2008/08/15/so-the-bigfoot-press-conference-happened/

bellalaghoste

saw press conference look like will be other info. after autopsy

PPI Tim

Where's Geraldo Rivera.
I want to see the interview.
with the cookie monster.

Brian Johnson

The DNA analysis showed that of the two samples that were provided, one was human. The other was from a possum. Very disappointing, I wanted to believe so badly.

PPI Glenn

They got a DNA analysis back already? I heard that it hadn't been done yet. In any case it appears to be a hoax (go figure.) More than one person is claiming it's a costume and they know who made it.
Glenn Pitcher
Founder, Pacific Paranormal Investigations
R.I.P. (1963-2009)

PPI Tim

Bigfoot is a possum? Shoot!
If that's the case then Brian Miller has a bigfoot in his backyard.
They did discover a new bigfoot.
A Redneck Bigfoot.
If you order now,
We'll through in a cooler we got from smart and final.

Kristen

bellalaghoste

ok fine that nice but we will see. I know they have a doc/ film coming out called big foot lives.  Could be a marketing scam.

PPI Tim

Is the movie they are coming out with sponsered by Nike?

PPI Karl

I'll bet it's a Fox studios production, since Fox was the only news station to give the story any "credible" air time.