News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Ghost detection...

Started by Rosehippi, April 04, 2011, 03:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosehippi

Our son Jed died in May of 07.  He was 24. He was a very passionate and strong willed person and often very hard to deal with. When he died, it affected many in our community.  He crashed into a stand of trees and his brain was severed from his spine, yet he lingered for several hours before his body died.
Several people, following his death, reported seeing and feeling him there. A couple of the local girls said they had to walk home in the dark and were frightened. They ran and hid under the tree and were filled with a feeling of warmth and safety. Jed goes where and when he wants, His sister in So. Oregon to my house to the houses of family and friends. None have a bad feeling of him but are comforted by his presence... Here at home, he whooshes me as he will, if you've never been whooshed by a spirit, it's hard to describe that lingering icyy cold that steals your breath and makes your heart stand still for a beat, maybe two... ice that grips your innards and won't let go till your frozen...
Recently I (finally) was able to take down the memorial table in the living room where people often brought things to place in his memory. It was started the day of his memorial... His flesh body was donated (His wish) for cornea transplant and skin grafts etc; then he was cremated. His ashes are still here at home.  I don't know if it makes a difference that his eyes still see the world and his skin still feels the breeze, but... He went nutz when I started moving HIS table....
His dad and I see him, hear him and have watched things all over the house, move, make noises since he died... His voice loud and clear saying  (twice) "I Love you mom",  out of the air on opposite ends of the house. but it was nothing like I experienced that day. Got my fight or flight hackles up so that I ran down the road to a neighbors house... not because I was scared, but  Thrilled...
A curtain across the hall was partly open next to me as I began to clear the table... behind it I could see a tall dark black shadow dancing back and forth like my son used to do when he was upset... Cob webs fell all over my skin, my hair was pulled, he messed with my pant legs like something was under them... I got whooshed and  touched and oooohhhhhh ... I had to stop and it took several days to move the stuff... he only stopped when I reassured him we weren't getting rid of him but moving him closer to his dads chair, which we did. He is still here and his stuff on a shelf behind his dad's chair... theres lots more but I dreamed of him  recently and he told me, spirits that survive are "Quickened"  (go faster) in order to escape the body. Ghosts are sped up... we must speed up to find them or they must slow down...  just saying... is this plausible? after all, scripture Rev;  says we will be quickened when we die if we are to survive the 2nd death. The dream made me wonder.  My daughter calls me a spirit magnet I am beginning to wonder if she is not right. Thanks for listening. Hope my experiences help somehow.  Rosehippi

PPI Karl

I like your use of the word "quickening," which literally means, both, "to animate; bring back to life" and "to speed up." It almost sounds like death creates another "life" that's not held back by the limits of mortality--one of those being the "speed" limit.  I've been pondering for years now the (completely untestable) idea that existence beyond death is a state of being unbound by our physics.  I don't think of it as omnipotence, either:  the power to make up your own laws of physics and break the ones already place.  Rather, I just think it of as illimitability: a release from the physical limits otherwise placed on us by existing in space-time that, once it happens makes us absolutely still while everything else in the universe continues to move; however, being unbound by the movement of time, one could still "be" in a moment where the spatial coordinates of our loved ones once were.  Movement would be at the speed of thought, then, and a post-mortal existence would be, quite literally, metaphysical.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and your experiences.  You sound like you have a very grounded and comforting relationship with the paranormal activity you encounter.  There are many who would envy that.   :)
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Debra

Rosehippi,

Thank you for sharing the story about your son and his visitations. I have also "lost" loved ones, and they visit me in dreams as well. It's very comforting to have the grief lifted by their brief presence.

I , too, liked your use of the word "quicken".
I have similar thoughts to Karl's: wondering if death or spirits are an existence not understood by our sciences- yet.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

Rosehippi

Normally I have the scriptural policy of leaving the spirits alone, but made an exception for my son. I was not writing about 1 encounter but many over the last few years. Not just me but  by others... sometimes I feel he is here and at other times that he has gone elsewhere and sure enough Some one will call and ask if I'm missing something... LOL... meaning Jed.
I am not brave, spirits seek me out, I don't go looking for them.  when I go places, often They show up and I try very hard not to listen, not to pay attention. My daughter calls me a spirit magnet because of it.  It has been this way for most of my life.  When I was a girl I got punished for it and so tried not to notice,  after all,  people looked at such things very differently in the 50's they for sure didn't put it on TV...  I just figured I was crazy as a loon, probably am... LOL... have to be,  to run around talking to the space between. 
I truly believe that the dead are simply out of phaze with the living... by way of analogy I can't help but think of the startrek episode when they landed on an empty world and kept hearing a buzzing in the air next to their ears... Spock of course with his perky pair was especially suseptable... They ultimately discovered the inhabitants had a device that made them speed up and so they were an unseen blur.
I think the spirit realm is something like that except there is no device... it is a natural occurance up on death of the flesh body for the spirit too (be quickened) vibrate loose and leave the body and enter the Spirit Realm. It is like being born into the flesh, we don't remember that either, but it happens every day. 
I have the notion why the end of some peoples lives are so painful because the Spirit must lose its love of the flesh so it can get loose... for others trapped by the flesh they weren't ready to leave, remain behind, here... that too is just a thought...

PPI Tracy

Quote from: Rosehippi on April 05, 2011, 04:46:23 PM
I truly believe that the dead are simply out of phaze with the living... by way of analogy I can't help but think of the startrek episode when they landed on an empty world and kept hearing a buzzing in the air next to their ears... Spock of course with his perky pair was especially suseptable... They ultimately discovered the inhabitants had a device that made them speed up and so they were an unseen blur.
I think the spirit realm is something like that except there is no device... it is a natural occurance up on death of the flesh body for the spirit too (be quickened) vibrate loose and leave the body and enter the Spirit Realm. It is like being born into the flesh, we don't remember that either, but it happens every day. 
I have the notion why the end of some peoples lives are so painful because the Spirit must lose its love of the flesh so it can get loose... for others trapped by the flesh they weren't ready to leave, remain behind, here... that too is just a thought...

Wow!  Knock me over with a feather.  You very well may be onto something. I like that analogy.  I've not heard that before but it makes perfect sense.  Very nice, Rosehippi. And thank you so very much for sharing something so personal with us.  We do not take that kind of trust lightly and i know I speak for our entire team when I say that we are both grateful and humbled that you chose us, to share and be so open with.  Blessings to you.

ChrisB

I, too, found your use of the word "quickening" very interesting.  I learned many years ago in nursing school that the word "quickening" is a medical term used in pregnancy.  It is actually when the mother first feels the movements of the baby.  It's the first sign that the baby is growing and preparing to "leave the body" and start their new life.

Thanks for sharing your story.

PPI Tracy

Wow, Chris.  That's profound.  Thank YOU as well for sharing that.  Makes sense, doesn't it?   :)

Rosehippi

I appreciate your kind replies. You have a good grasp of what I was trying to express.  I don't often share what I think. I am very Hermit like and seldom go out into the world and though I have many friends and aquaintances I prefer solitude... I am sort of monkish that way. and bookish to. I study scripture and try to express through art work and music what I learn and experience from my understanding, though I must admit I have been in a blue funk and not very creative since my son died, just can't seem to get the oomph back. We were at odds when he died so suddenly.. I feel like something in me died with him... It is his passing that drew me to a renewed interest in the paranormal. I've heard his voice so clear like gravel under water come right out of the air beside my head, both times He said, "I love you mom." and I say, "I love you too Jed." and go on about my task. I always Name him. On at least 3 occassions I have literally seen a "pixilated" hand come out of the ether next to me and flip some thing over or rattle the dishes on the table... a couple of times things just slide off the shelf. I don't encourage, or call or try in any way to exaserbate the situation. The day I started moving his memorial table was the most powerful and memorable experience of my life, except for when my grama died. He was all over me... I had to stop and tell him and show him and he was not happy till his dad came home and sat down in his chair behind which, I put Jeds Ashes. Wheew... just like I told him
Being a christian I can't NOT believe in Spirits... LOL... God is a spirit... you know?
I do have a well rounded idea of the paramormal, both light and dark sides, but it is by no means comfortable out side of the loving shade of my son, my experience with other types is something else, unrelated to jed. I have a gift, a knack for sensing the Spirits but I don't  go there, I prefer the light and the living.  I've always sensed things but after I was baptized it became more awakened.  Sounds crazy huh? LOL
Well enough prattle for one day.... oh... I almost forgot... Spirits use light refraction or rather dark light refraction to break up and pixilate... oh what's an analogy... something like     the creature in the movie with Arnie... "Predator... is there a camera that un pixilates in the dark or light?  Just a thout from a dream I had... silly I know...

PPI Tracy

Rosehippi - I am sending you a personal message here in your in box.  I hope it helps.