News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

Eagle Mine in Julian

Started by Gary, June 07, 2010, 10:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Hey all.  I was up in Julian this weekend looking in some of shops and noticed a flier advertising tours of the Eagle Mine in Julian.  I was curious if anyone knows much about this area? 

The flier I picked up reads, "The Eagle Mine and High Peak Mine were both registered in 1870 in an area known as Gold Hill.  The two mines were joined in time and became the site of the most notable disaster in the history of the Cuyamaca mining in 1906."

Here is a link.
http://www.ghosthuntsandiego.com/Tour%20Pages/Default.aspx?tour=6
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Jason

I took a tour of that mine a while back. It's really cool. Pitch dark in most parts. There were also a number of deaths associated with accidents. The miners suffered miserable working conditions. All this, if you subscribe to the idea of psychological imprints, would lead you to the idea that this could be a veritable gold mine of psychic activity, no pun intended.

It's a pretty low key operation, if I recall. Usually they have a guide or two that charges a small amount to take you on a tour with the option of a small tip at the end. There is also a pretty interesting little rock shop. If you subscribe to the theory that paranormal activity is associated with quartz and other minerals, then this would definitely be the place to "dig in," no pun intended.

I would definitely enjoy doing an investigation here if the owners were interested. Maybe if we can put together this investigation at the San Diego race track, and do our usual smash up job, then we can have a reference to get us into some of these other interesting places. I know so many times we've tried to investigate locations just like this only to get "the shaft" in the end. No pun or double entendre intended.

The only downside I see is that if you are afraid of the dark, or enclosed spaces, then you will have a problem with this place. But it is very isolated and, as long as you can filter out any critters or nature sounds, I think if you get an EVP there it would stand up to scrutiny, even by the "pickiest" people. No pun intended.

I'm on a roll. SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Jason on June 07, 2010, 08:06:07 PM
I took a tour of that mine a while back. It's really cool. Pitch dark in most parts. There were also a number of deaths associated with accidents. The miners suffered miserable working conditions. All this, if you subscribe to the idea of psychological imprints, would lead you to the idea that this could be a veritable gold mine of psychic activity, no pun intended.

It's a pretty low key operation, if I recall. Usually they have a guide or two that charges a small amount to take you on a tour with the option of a small tip at the end. There is also a pretty interesting little rock shop. If you subscribe to the theory that paranormal activity is associated with quartz and other minerals, then this would definitely be the place to "dig in," no pun intended.

I would definitely enjoy doing an investigation here if the owners were interested. Maybe if we can put together this investigation at the San Diego race track, and do our usual smash up job, then we can have a reference to get us into some of these other interesting places. I know so many times we've tried to investigate locations just like this only to get "the shaft" in the end. No pun or double entendre intended.

The only downside I see is that if you are afraid of the dark, or enclosed spaces, then you will have a problem with this place. But it is very isolated and, as long as you can filter out any critters or nature sounds, I think if you get an EVP there it would stand up to scrutiny, even by the "pickiest" people. No pun intended.

I'm on a roll. SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

Wow, you make it sound like a "Disneyland of the Ghosthunter".....
I think it sounds cool. I don't mind mines, been in a few.
Now, as for my body being well enough to go where my mind wants to go...
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

Gary

I totally think it would be a fun place to check out.  I like what Jason said to use the SD Fair as a reference for the future.  Jason... are you hilarious!  Please don't stop.
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Tracy

What do you mean you aren't biting?  He said he was "on a roll"!

PPI Jason

Quote from: PPI Tracy on June 08, 2010, 01:29:36 PM

Oy!!! That one hurt.  P^/
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Jason on June 09, 2010, 01:15:52 AM
Quote from: PPI Tracy on June 08, 2010, 01:29:36 PM

Oy!!! That one hurt.  P^/

Yeah, I know.....I need to keep my day job.

ljiljanac

Aren't old ancient mines places of which demon, possession, zombies, and ghoulies movies are made of???  lol 

Shellshock

Sounds like a great place to check out. Im not afraid of the dark, but I am uncomfortable with being in tight places for very long. :P
XoXo

PPI Tracy

Yeah, Shelly. Now that you mention it....I'm claustrophobic  also.