News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

Mysterious patterns on radar system

Started by Gary, April 07, 2010, 01:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Bureau of Meteorology images show mysterious patterns on radar system.  Thought some of you might find this interesting, or not.  I have no clue what this could be.  My first guess would be radar malfunction, but I can't imagine this happening very often?  Check it out.

http://www.news.com.au/weird-true-freaky/bueau-of-mereology-cant-explain-mysterious-patters-on-radar-system/story-e6frflri-1225848774377

Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Tim

That is interesting. I have no idea what the hell that is. I don't believe that it is a weather pattern.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Tracy

It appears to notate the pattern of a specific hurricane but colorized to feature the eye and possible wind variations.  Just my uneducated guess.

PPI Debra

Everyone know it's the towers that caused the blackouts in FlashForward.

okay,NOT!

Very curious.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Karl

Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on April 07, 2010, 12:33:59 PM
Everyone know it's the towers that caused the blackouts in FlashForward.

okay,NOT!

Very curious.

That actually had me laughing out loud, in earnest.  :D
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Karl

So, these anomalies seem like image artifacts rather than physical or atmospheric phenomena.  They're extremely symmetrical and geometrically precise, as well as iterative--like a stuttering image that, in the case of the doughnut anomaly, repeats itself enough times in a recursive 360 degree movement to create the appearance of a solid tire-like image.  I haven't done trigonometry since high school, but I do remember my Spirograph afternoons, and these shapes seem familiar.  I side with the guys who say these are signal interference.  Now, I won't say that the signal interference is a natural occurrence.  I can totally imagine some fool hacker thinking he or she is making virtual crop circles.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Tracy

It seems like the outline of a hurricane or typhoon and the spiral lines are noting the direction and size.  The colors are representing the different wind speeds.  Notice how the eye (center) is void of color (basically)?  I think that is what this is, truthfully.  It makes sense in my little gray matter anyway.   :P