News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

The Venutian Solution

Started by PPI Karl, July 31, 2009, 01:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Karl

Just days after Jupiter was struck by a large object that left a huge stain on the planet's southern hemisphere, Venus began manifesting a mysterious, large bright spot that has since stretched and thinned out in the winds of the upper atmosphere.  Scientists are not quite sure what caused it.  Read all about it in "Bright Spot on Venus Stumps Scientists" on Space.com.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Jason

Interesting.

I find the coronal mass ejection a little unsettling. I know Venus is much closer to the sun than we are, but if a CME can have that strong of an effect on the clouds of a planet with 100 times more atmosphere than we have you can only imagine how that would effect us if it were to happen here.

If I were a bettin' man I'd say it was some type of internal event. The sun's been pretty calm lately and there are a lot of opportunites for unknown events from Venus itself.

Or maybe Venus and Jupiter are related somehow. You know, like when you punch one twin brother and the other feels it lol. Hmmmm.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey