News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Shadows in the Bedroom and the Blink of an Eye

Started by hoodini, February 05, 2007, 02:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodini

I was about 14 at the time, when I was living in a 2 story house in Laguna Hills, CA.? My family became quite involved with the Catholic church and had weekly gatherings at the house by the local priest to do the rosary and novena's.? Having a hard time socially with other people my whole life, I kind of wondered if my mother was worried if I was ever going to get married.? So I felt quite a bit of pressure to either become more social with the opposite sex or to look into the possibility of joining the priesthood in the Catholic church.

Time went on and we had a statue of Jesus with candles lit downstairs in the living room at all times.? One week my aunt got deathly sick for which my father had to drive my mother to Modesto CA to visit.? My aunt is anorexic and has had kidney failures...having lost one and in the process of loosing the other one.? During the time they were away, I was left home alone.? I don't tend to sleep well at night at all.? Never did and still don't to this day.? However being home alone for 2 weeks probably had me nervous on top of not sleeping well.? Anyways, one night I slept with my door open.? I normally would have my door closed, but things were different while being alone.? With my door open, I could see my parents master bedroom which had 2 doors to access it...which were always open.? To the right of the master bedroom there was an open hall to their bathroom that had a skylight that always lit the room when a full moon was around.? As the night went on, I started to see faint shadows pacing back and forth from my parents room to the bathroom.? What had me spooked was that the shadow was blocking the bright moonlight coming from the bathroom as it paced back and forth.? It never made it's way to my bedroom during the time my parents were away.? In fact a couple of times I went down to the statue and slept till morning came.

Later on I asked my parents if they have ever encountered anything supernatural in their room.? They both said no.? Months later my mother had a feeling like she was being watched at night.? Apparently it happened again, but the second time she said it was affecting her breathing.? These events happened from time to time till one night I was asleep in my room with my doors shut.? Probably a year or so after seeing the shadows in my parents room.? I was woken up by the feeling of something grabbing my leg on top of the covers.? As I looked up to see if it was my parents, I saw a short shadow at the foot of my bed.? I pretty much freaked out in a quiet way without saying anything.? But moved in a way that I think it knew I was able to see it standing there.? Within about 2 seconds it ran along my bed and went straight through my wall near the head of my bed.? I never had a similar experience from that point moving forward, but occasionally would have my room smell like death or feces.? If didn't matter what the room was sprayed with, but the smell wouldn't go away.

We moved back in 97 and got a new house near extended family where my aunt is still alive and going through dialysis 3 times a week.? I've encountered a few times where my room encountered the smell here and there...at the new house.? What is odd about the smell is that it stays in the perimeter of the room and stops at the plane of the doors entrance.? From each encounter, it always stays at the doorway to the room itself, never leaking out to the hallway.? I occasionally encounter the smell at times at other locations and tend to stay away.? To this day I tend to be quite in tune to the smell of a room and have a sort of sense about it.

There is one other story that sticks out of my mind, which I flat out can't explain.? But some would just call it D?j? Vu.? I was driving from Long Beach back to Anaheim with a friend.? I don't recall the conversation at the time but it had to do with the event we just attended that day.? One second I ended up jumping in the driver seat with a sense of fright like I was caught off guard.? My friend asked what was the problem.? I told her she wouldn't believe me if I told her.? She said that it wouldn't hurt if I told her since it possibly wouldn't affect our friendship in any way.? As this point I was thinking that she was going to brand me as a loony since I saw a vision of something that was going to happen while I was driving her home.? I told her, "What would you say if I just had a vision of what appeared to be a cop rapidly pulling up behind me, catching me off guard and having it sit there for a minute and pass me up (Specifying Motorcycle)".? She shrugged and said that we'll have to just wait and see.? Sure enough, 5 minutes later..? A motorcycle cop pulled right behind me out of nowhere and tailed me for about 30 seconds..then passed me up.? There have been several other accounts of me seeing visions, sometimes the happen within minutes...others happen at a later time.? But this one stand out due to the fact that I had finally said something verbally, just to have it happen minutes later.? I think about these events from time to time, and watching TAPS tends to peak me curiosity in learning more about ghost hunting.

Currently I'm engaged to get married, and plan on Oct 13th 2007.? I'm 31 and hope to live a happy live with my future wife.? But some of these events in my past make me think and wonder, and I'd like to look into joining a group that does paranormal investigations in the SF bay area.

~ Christopher M

dwalters

Thanks for sharing such a personal account. Thank you very much. There are a few teams up in your area, and you can find them by doing an internet search...or by checking out "shadowlands" website. I'll keep an eye and an ear out for you as well.

David

shieldmaiden

Thank you for sharing such an interesting part of your life. Do not let your clarivoyance keep you from having a happy life with your wife.  Anyone is able to have visions if they would just learn how to tap into that part of there spirit. You are not thought to be a looney, or anything like that. Many people are able to 'see' things that haven't happened yet. It isn't wrong or bad. Sometimes it can be scary or disconcerting, but it isn't going to harm you.
Lots of positive thoughts coming to you and your new wife and life. Happy marriage.
Stay safe,
Shieldmaiden
"Fairy tales are more than true-
Not because they tell us dragon's exist-
But because they can be beaten"

hoodini

For the most part I've kinda blocked that part of my senses within the last few years.  Unfortunately it's still hard to block out the vibes of other people around me.  It's hard knowing that there is something wrong or bothering another person, yet they are not willing to admit or talk about it.  I know that it's an instinct think and all humans should have it, but some are more in tune to it than others.

Christopher M

shieldmaiden

Hello Christopher...good to hear back from you. I understand what you are saying about being able to 'feel' what others are saying. Sometimes it isn't a good thing, especially when you don't want to know what another person is really feeling. In a way it would be a great thing that everyone would be able to read each others thoughts. There might be less deception, and everyone would have to have good thoughts and no negative thoughts about each other...lol. And yet again, I don't think I want to know exactly what someone is thinking of me...lol...I think I know enough just with the body language. If you know what I mean. Just hang in there and do what you can with research on your abilities. Like I said before, everyone has the capability to 'see' the past, present and future. They just have to open themselves to the belief that they can do it. I dream the present, and things that are about to happen, or happened, such as with people who are dying or dead. I have dreamed of my past, and some of the future, as in your case with the cop. Funny thing, I had a whole week of every day telling my ex-husband things that were going to happen to him, and one was a day I told him of a cop that was going to pull him over and even told him the dudes name. It really freaked my ex-husband out when he got stopped that day, the exact same time I told him and the exact same place and...yes you got it...the cops name was the name I gave my ex. He came home and told me not to tell him anymore of my dreams because it freaks him out too much. My father use to tell me the same when I was a little girl. So I had to keep those things to myself. But I learned to live with it, and I put it out of my mind most of the time. You learn to live with the times. Not too many people want to know that you can dream the future, past or present. A lot don't even want to know you live with spirits. But that is because they don't know any better. And its their right not to want to hear about it. They are afraid of the unknown, and that is their business. You think you really know someone until you tell them about your deepest secrets, and than you have to rethink the relationship again.
I am happy for you that your soon-to-be-wife understands and loves you. Warm wishes to you both.
Hang in there.
Connie

hoodini

I've been busy lately and haven't been checking the forums much these days.? However I've started to experience some odd things again.? At first I thought I was just imagining things in the shower, but lately I've been seeing silhouettes of a person in the bathroom...through the frosted shower glass...moving in like it's going towards the sink/mirror.? It's hard for me to verify it when half the time I just think it's my fiance just walking in for a minute.? However I noticed it a couple of times with her not being home and other times when she is fully dressed...but the silhouette was naked...thus showing only flesh coloring and no clothes.? I asked her to stand there after I saw the image...but it just wasn't the same.? I was glad to find out that I wasn't the only one seeing this, as she said that she's experienced the same thing...just never spoke about it till I brought it up.? Part of me wonders if this is something new or if it's part of what I experienced in southern CA, which followed me up here.? The apartment has no violent histroy, in fact we are the second tenants to have lived here.? No deaths or murders in the complex.? I'm tempted to place a camera and record from the shower side since it normally happens with the lights on and I'm in the middle of showering.

~ Christopher M

PPI Brian

Quote from: hoodini on August 14, 2007, 09:33:09 AM
I've been busy lately and haven't been checking the forums much these days.? However I've started to experience some odd things again.? At first I thought I was just imagining things in the shower, but lately I've been seeing silhouettes of a person in the bathroom...through the frosted shower glass...moving in like it's going towards the sink/mirror.? It's hard for me to verify it when half the time I just think it's my fiance just walking in for a minute.? However I noticed it a couple of times with her not being home and other times when she is fully dressed...but the silhouette was naked...thus showing only flesh coloring and no clothes.? I asked her to stand there after I saw the image...but it just wasn't the same.? I was glad to find out that I wasn't the only one seeing this, as she said that she's experienced the same thing...just never spoke about it till I brought it up.? Part of me wonders if this is something new or if it's part of what I experienced in southern CA, which followed me up here.? The apartment has no violent histroy, in fact we are the second tenants to have lived here.? No deaths or murders in the complex.? I'm tempted to place a camera and record from the shower side since it normally happens with the lights on and I'm in the middle of showering.

~ Christopher M

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Any idea how old the apartment complex is? The activity you're describing sounds residual, and as such would be harmless. Have you guys thought about keeping a log of the activity, and see if there is a particular pattern that you can identify? Have you noticed any sounds associated with the visual activity you described, such as doors opening and closing, footsteps, etc?

Regards,

Brian Miller
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

hoodini

There hasn't been much activity at all.  Ilene (Wife) has asked if I have seen the shade, however we both haven't noticed it.  For me things like this tend to go through a cycle.  At times I notice things and become quite receptive to my surroundings and other times I just don't pay attention and block it out.

~ Christopher M

hoodini

Me and my big fat mouth.  About 3:30am Sunday morning as I'm writing this 30 minutes after some events just happened.  I work grave shifts at a NOC / Datacenter and normally about this time I have problems staying asleep since I'm adjusting to get back on the work schedule.  Ilene (My Wife) came to bed late about 1:50am and proceeded to turn on the light and read her book before bed.  Well she obviously doesn't care that I'm trying to get sleep and the page flipping pretty much woke me up.  She finally turns in at 2:45am and turns the light out.  So I flip flop for a good 30 minutes and then I notice our touch light turned on.  I thought possibly the cat was the cause as she was running up and down the hall like she got into catnip or something.  In fact between the wife falling asleep and the light turning on, I got out of bed a few times due to Tricksy (Our Cat) being a little wound up.  But as the rain slowed and wind stopped howling in the night, she too was asleep in the kitchen.  So when the light turned on, I was pretty aware at the time and very cautious about it happening.  I went to go tap it twice to turn it off, because it is one of those that has 3 levels of brightness.  As I went back to bed, I sat there awake and quite aware that it might happen again.  Sure enough, after a couple of minutes it turned on again while I was looking straight at it.  This time it turned on full brightness that would usually require 3 taps to do.  This in itself brings up some events in the past that I started to recall.  We recently got a brand new 42 inch LCD TV, and several times in the past the TV would just turn off without notice.  Ilene and I would both be sitting there with the remote sitting on the table in front of us and "click", it just turned off on it's own.  Adding this to the past experience with the shadow in the bathroom, I'm starting to think it's time to get some meters to monitor the EMF activity in our apartment.

~ Christopher M

ttjoon

Christopher,
I was reading your posts and I was wondering about your home in Laguna Hills.  Was that the first paranormal experience you ever had?  Also, if you don't mind me asking, what were your cross streets there?   Reason I am asking is that I live very close to Laguna Hills.  I have had a lot of paranormal or unexplainable occurrences in my home over the last 4 years.  In talking with several of my neighbors, they too have had some of the same things happen in their homes. One of them has even had two separate experiences here in the gardens that are on the property, just over the last two months.  I live in a small community and I am wondering if it might be the land.  This whole area down here, from Laguna Hills to San Juan Capistrano, was all Indian Territory and the ranchos were set up here.  The train routes were built in the early 1800's.  There is a lot of rich history to Orange County overall, especially South County. The area (especially Laguna Hills and where I live) have a very high limestone deposit count.  In fact all of the limestone that was used to build the Mission in San Juan was harvested from the two cities.  I have read and even heard many people interviewed who have a lot of knowledge when it comes to the paranormal, to include Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, talk about how an area that has a high limestone deposit will almost always have paranormal activity. I am not sure why that is, but it is a wide belief just the same.  I didn't know that before I moved here and it wouldn't have changed my decision to move here, but it might explain some things for us both.  Have you done any research into the history of the land where you live now?  Also, just another thought; did you have a cell phone, blackberry, palm, pager, or any other data receiving devise, on and in close proximity to the lamp when it went on by itself?  Was it still storming outside?  Reason I am asking is two things.  First is that when my cell phone is about to ring, I will have my computer screen go black for a minute or so before it comes back on.  Friday, it happened and my computer totally froze up and I had to reboot.  Doesn't happen often, but it does occur, just the same.  Before I got rid of my Blackberry, there were times (very frequently) that when it would receive data and my radio would have horrible loud feedback and end up shutting off.  I now have a Palm TX and sometimes it does the same thing.  Just electronic interference.  Secondly, those lamps are highly sensitive, hence "touch lamp".  I used to have two of those and every time it stormed, or the air was dry and full of static electricity, a cell phone would ring, or even the microwave operating would cause those lamps to turn on and off.  The older those lamps got, the more it would happen.  I am not saying that that is what?s happening, but it is a thought.  Not that you don't, but just for myself, I try to look at everything logically because with the stuff that goes on in my house, it will literally drive me up a tree if I don?t try and stop and think about what could have caused it.  I also have started to keep a journal of events.  This helps keep everything straight like dates, times, location, people present, activity, etc.  For me, it helps to document things and that way I can review it to see if the events parallel with each other or any other circumstances.  If you can find a pattern to the events or a common denominator, that might help explain things.  Sorry, I know I have asked a lot of questions here and this post has started to resemble a thesis, so I?ll stop now. 

hoodini

Quote from: PPI Tracy on February 03, 2008, 01:55:34 PMWas that the first paranormal experience you ever had?  Also, if you don't mind me asking, what were your cross streets there?

First paranormal experience was walking shadows.  For the cross streets, it was on the corner of Sierra Bonita Dr, La Cienega St.  The house has Aliso Hills Dr long the back of it...it was the very bottom house.

Quote from: PPI Tracy on February 03, 2008, 01:55:34 PM Have you done any research into the history of the land where you live now?  Also, just another thought; did you have a cell phone, blackberry, palm, pager, or any other data receiving devise, on and in close proximity to the lamp when it went on by itself?  Was it still storming outside?

I know a lot about electricity and how the touch lamps can be affected.  I work with server equipment at work all the time and always have to be careful of static charge.  It was windy and wet outside, buy no lightening or thunder.  It stands on a wooden dresser and has no contact with anything else that is metal.  There are no electric devices that is near it when it turned on.  In fact it requires a good amount of the hand to touch it to even turn it on.  I've seen this happen before, and it normally happens around the 2:50am to 3:30am range.  The TV hasn't gone off in a while, but the light acting up again the way it has in the past starts to make me wonder.  I'm more likely to get an EMF detector and check the apartment for anything that could cause it.

ttjoon

I know the exact area you are talking about.  I wonder if the current occupants experience strange goings on.  Don't worry...I'm not knocking on their door to find out.   ;D

Now it is MY turn to talk about me and MY big mouth....I come downstairs this morning and find a light on in the living room.  I know I turned it off last night before going to bed.  The wall switch sits right underneath our ADT alarm pad.  I set the alarm every night and then flip the switch to turn the light off and then head upstairs.  When I got up this morning at 5am, I had to go out into the hallway and everything was dark. I go to leave the house at 5:50 and I come downstairs and boom...the light is on.  My child and hubby are still snoring, so I know it wasn't them.  It was definitely not on at 5am or I would have seen a light on downstairs because it would have shown up through the stair case.  This same thing has happened before with two separate lights in our living room on several occasions. Usually the lamp in the corner that works via the switch.  That particular switch doesn't go up and down without effort.  Both my hubby and I have tried to debunk that one.  To no avail.  Things that make you go hmmmm. :-\

Who knows, maybe our little unseen friends don't want us to risk falling in the dark.   ::)

Perhaps it was the same little friend(s) who turned on my TV yesterday when I was upstairs. I came down to figure out what all the noise was about and how it got turned on.  Well, I journey downstairs and no TV or stereo on.  Quiet as a mouse.  Again....things that make you go hmmm. :-\

Okay...I lie.  It is more like WTF???  Sorry..gotta be honest here.

ttjoon

One thing I forgot......when I discovered the light was on, I walked across the living room and felt the bulb.  It was not hot.  Warm, but not hot.  Must have only been on for a short time.

hoodini

So I'm at work this morning and have about 36 monitors that I watch over at our datacenter.   About 3:36am roll asound and I see something in the corner of my eye.  I turn to the right to look and I see one of the monitors turned off.  About 5 seconds after noticing this, it slowly turns back on by itself.  This early morning activity is starting to get strange as I pay more attention.

Christopher M

ttjoon

I gather that isn't a normal thing for it to do?

hoodini

It's been a while since I've posted on this.  Coming back to this thread and reading what I posted before, I'm sure part of it had to do with the fact that I was working on the grave shift for a while.  Then working grave hours, you'll find yourself having to deal with trying to stay awake for one...  as well as trying to find something to do to keep yourself awake.  While working in a datacenter at the time, there were little to no calls that came in and it was like baby sitting computer equipment.  The monitors would occasionally go bad and I would just chalk it up to just being over sensitive to my surroundings at the time.

However when at home on the weekends, it's hard as I was awake while she was sleeping.  The light turning on by itself was definitely odd.  But I haven't seen it happen again and it's been a while since I've seen any walking shadows.  Probably because I haven't payed any attention to it as of late.  It kinda helps being back on a regular work shift and getting to bed before the 3am hour.  I still don't think I'm alone at times, and I do have an odd sense that something just isn't quite right.  But for the most part I think I've just found a way to turn that off.  I've been thinking about tuning myself to being more open to my senses, but then again I don't want to go looking for something I might regret down the road.

Chris M

shieldmaiden

Hello:

Wow, it has been a long time since I have posted anything on this site. Been so busy. But I get e-mails from time to time on topics that I have commented on, and this one being one of them.

Being open, and tuning in on the senses is a normal thing for the soul. We should all be tuned in more so that we can see what lifle is really like on different planes and life patterns. It isn't like asking for something negative to happen to you, it is all positive. Our souls are already use to the senses that we as humans do not want to open up due to social status, the way we were brought up religously, the family opinions and such, so we put limits on ourselves and go on in life as you see it today. But I do believe that there is more of a world awareness that is happening now, and that people are really understanding that a person is more than just what we view on the outside. There is a deeper, more meaningful part to our human anatomy; and that is the innerself and the perceptions and knowledge that we really hold inside us. We know vast amounts of knowledge and it is just waiting to be processed in our minds. One day we will all be able to "see" life as it really is or should be lived.

This late morning while sitting at my pc I seen two bright and greenish lights flash to the right of me on the television screen I have in my bedroom. My desk faces West while the TV faces South/East. It was off. I tried to debunk it thinking it was a flash at the side of my eye like when people with migrains get once in awhile; but that was a poor assumption on my part. The flashes were large and bright as if someone took two pictures with a flash one quickly after the other. I have seen other things on the TV when it was off. I do not ever have the TV on much. Very seldom do I watch a movie on it, and I do not watch TV anyway; no cable even. But the shadows that drift across the screen or the flashes like this morning makes me wonder why I am seeing them there and if they are wanting me to communicate with them through the electronics of the TV. My house has always had a lot of activity in it, but they seem to have settled down a lot in the past few years because I asked them not to show themselves to my son any more because he is so afraid of seeing them. But you can still feel them here and once in a while they will touch you to let you know that they are still  here and alright. I don't know why I say "alright" but it seems that they are just here to be here, nothing more. We had one say our names one day and I always wondered what she wanted; if anything.

Okay, I have blabbed enough...hope you are having a great day.

Connie

PPI Jason

Connie, you seem to have a very open and spiritual outlook on life. That's very refreshing. I completely agree with you when you say that people are sooo much more than what we view on the outside.

Chris, thank you for posting the update on this topic. I also used to work a night shift and can fully relate to how it feels to be up on the weekends while everyone else is asleep. Not only is that difficult because of the physical strain it puts on us, but the night does tend to play tricks on us quite a bit. I for one am glad to be working a normal schedule. But it is nice to go out once in a while on a night time paranormal investigation and take a break from all the day to day hustle and bustle.

Thank you both for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey