News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Ghost Adventures Whaley House Episode June 2014

Started by PPI Brian, June 20, 2014, 03:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

Just in case you missed it, San Diego's own Whaley House was the subject of another Ghost Adventures episode this month:

https://www.youtube.com/v/wjKUvPsJf-0
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Brian

PPI Debra

"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

ghostbuster619

Do think ghost adventures is staged? I think they get way too many class A evps... Dougie n I still watch every episode lol 
   ;D
i see dead people

PPI Brian

I do too, but I'm convinced it's all staged. Actual paranormal investigations are rather dull. Nothing very exciting ever seems to happen while we're conducting a full investigation. It's during the data analysis phase that the really interesting comes to light, but that doesn't make good television. :)

We don't get excited about blurry photos and whispering one-syllable EVPs.

PPI Karl

I already like your skeptical attitude. :)

I would also add to Brian's already astute comment that what one group designates a "Class A EVP" isn't always what the next group identifies as "Class A."  We always have to be vigilant among ourselves not to let our desire for intriguing evidence influence our decision-making about classifications, which is why our peer review process is so tremendously useful.  I would offer that "reality" TV paranormal investigating has the exact opposite goal:  instead of vetting out bad evidence, their job is to make bad evidence look like it's good evidence, and instead of a peer review process to keep them on the straight and narrow, they've got producers pressuring them to make interesting TV, so their own standards for quality evidence must suffer.   

In some ways, I don't envy them.  I have a feeling that a lot of reality TV paranormal groups start off with the same honest objectives, but the skewed reality of reality TV also leads them to skew their own objectives to satisfy producers and win the ratings game.

On the other hand, no one forced them to sign the dotted line, ruin their marriage, and become a total stooge.  (Wait.  I think I've gone off topic now. ;D)
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Brian

One of the things that really bothered me about this episode is the way they depicted the apparitions of the Whaley House as if they were straight out of a horror movie. My personal experiences there were very different. I was especially offended by their depiction of Violet Whaley walking through the hallway with a bloody gunshot wound. That was incredibly disrespectful.

PPI Brian

OK, enough people have posted this video to YouTube that apparently the "Powers That Be" gave up trying to take the video down. Check it out if you have a few minutes to kill.