News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Possesion

Started by ljiljanac, February 11, 2010, 12:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian

Same here Shelly.  Funny how someone else having a similar experience (paranormal or not) validates your own experience.  That's why I always try to share openly...you never know who might benefit from it.   :)
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

ljiljanac

Hey Shelly and Damian.....try watching all four seasons of Desperate Housewives in a one week period.  You'll be puking your guts out each time you see it or hear the theme song.  I came very very close!  It's like your body gets overloaded on one thing and reacts.  Too weird! 

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Lillie on February 17, 2010, 10:26:38 PM
Hey Shelly and Damian.....try watching all four seasons of Desperate Housewives in a one week period.  You'll be puking your guts out each time you see it or hear the theme song.  I came very very close!  It's like your body gets overloaded on one thinbg and reacts.  Too weird! 

LOL! Try the mute button!
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

ljiljanac

Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on February 17, 2010, 10:33:17 PM
Quote from: PPI Lillie on February 17, 2010, 10:26:38 PM
Hey Shelly and Damian.....try watching all four seasons of Desperate Housewives in a one week period.  You'll be puking your guts out each time you see it or hear the theme song.  I came very very close!  It's like your body gets overloaded on one thinbg and reacts.  Too weird! 

LOL! Try the mute button!

Lol    Hmmmmm.....didn't think of it.  lol lol

jkaullen

Quote from: TAPS Jen on February 12, 2010, 01:30:32 PM
If anyone is interested in further reading, I'd be happy to recommend some books

Hey Jen. What books would you recommend to get started in this field of study? Looking more at the analytical / scholarly perspective. This field of study has always been a huge draw for me. I find it fascinating. I do understand the dangers of walking down the path... but it never hurts to be informed.  ;D

-Justin

"Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! Big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside." - Stewie

adminsandiegohaunted

Demonology is not a science by default, it is a Religious belief. The Holy Bible does not support the belief in ghosts, only demons. Catholics take this a bit further as each Diocese must have one Priest able to perform exorcisms. Are Demons real? Are evil people real? Demons are fallen Angels that have choose to follow Satan. Demons want man kind to turn away from God, and seek earthly pleasures. The real question should be is man wicked because of Demons tempting him, or because mans wickedness is inherit, every person can answer that as they see fit.

PPI Debra

Quote from: adminsandiegohaunted on December 08, 2011, 07:51:51 PM
Demonology is not a science by default, it is a Religious belief. The Holy Bible does not support the belief in ghosts, only demons. Catholics take this a bit further as each Diocese must have one Priest able to perform exorcisms. Are Demons real? Are evil people real? Demons are fallen Angels that have choose to follow Satan. Demons want man kind to turn away from God, and seek earthly pleasures. The real question should be is man wicked because of Demons tempting him, or because mans wickedness is inherit, every person can answer that as they see fit.

There are many other belief systems regarding demons.

The word "demon" comes from the Greek word "daimon", which was a guiding spirit or muse, or the source of genius.

In medieval times, mental illness was regarded as demonic possession.

In Tibetan Buddhism, demons are generated from the mind stream. This means, basically, that demons are thought forms generated by a highly creative mind. Sometimes they can appear to have a life of their own. The so-called "Tibetan Book of the Dead", is an instruction manual for dissolving these thought forms. Also, in Tibetan Buddhism there is a belief in "basic goodness" as opposed to "original sin".

As the times change, the concept of demons changes as well.
Fascinating topic. Thanks for bringing it up again!
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer