News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

Nostradamus

Started by ljiljanac, January 13, 2010, 09:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljiljanac

I have always been interested in Nostradamus' predictions.  I have read many of them in which I can easily tailor to a specific event in time.  There are, however, some that I cannot.  Was he psychic?  Did he have legitimate visions of the future?  Or is it only a matter of history repeating itself? 

PPI Debra

I have to say, after working years as a metaphysical bookseller, that Nostradamus always sells books! It seems that if the title has "Nostradamus" written on it, it flies off the shelf (and not by hidden hands).

I have often pondered if he was using a coded language to make political/religious criticism. (He did have the church to worry about.)

"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Tim

I don't know about Nostradamus interpretations being all that accurate. I remember reading things in the 80's predicting WWIII to breakout in 1996.
I think he is like a horoscope. If you read it at the beginning of your day, it doesn't make sense. However, read the same thing at the end of the day and seems to make sense. He doesn't seem that helpful to me to know what is going to happen ONLY after the fact. (The phrase closing the gate after the horses left comes the mind.)
I saw a trilogy of books about him in the library where someone claimed to have channeled him. It had drawings of what the antichrist looked like. Those books are long gone now.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Debra

ohh... the Dolores Cannon stuffola!
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer