News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Big Foot Photo Authentic

Started by Gary, October 08, 2009, 11:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

So they say it's Bigfoot.  You'll have to read a little bit to hear their arguments.... but I'm leaning towards bear.  Some other interesting photos though on this page.
[original link now dead; replaced by PPI mgt. w/ the following]
https://youtu.be/n-t_8UToVbA
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Karl

Bear.  For sure, it's a bear, standing on two legs and scratching its back against a tree:

Besides, it's drives me crazy, this kind of backward logic.  They know people are going to point out the obvious to them, but believing it must be Bigfoot, they put huge sums of effort into proving it is, and the more they become invested in the idea, the less likely they are to change their minds.  Case in point:  that silly red line drawing outlining the putative Bigfoot.  For cryin' out loud, I could draw anything in the picture in an attempt to "shape" whatever I wanted you to believe is there.  In this scenario, I'm convinced that Santa and his little helper are preparing a special Christmas present for me:
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Jason

Karl, your logic is so off base on this one.

First of all, why would Santa be preparing a special treat in the woods when he has a workshop?

Second, why would he be preparing a treat for you? I had heard a rumor you were on the naughty list ever since you invented "Karl-aid."

And fourth, that photo must be of bigfoot because what are the odds that someone could take a blurry picture at the exact moment that some random bear is scratching his back at the exact location where the photographer just happened to be aiming his camera? My vote is for bigfoot  P^/
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Karl

Quote from: PPI Jason on October 10, 2009, 11:28:21 AMI had heard a rumor you were on the naughty list ever since you invented "Karl-aid."

Yes, I'm on two of Santa's lists at once:  his naughty list and his nice list.  Figure that one out.  (Hint:  It involves an elf costume and a bratwurst. >:])

Quote from: PPI Jason on October 10, 2009, 11:28:21 AMAnd fourth, that photo must be of bigfoot because what are the odds that someone could take a blurry picture at the exact moment that some random bear is scratching his back at the exact location where the photographer just happened to be aiming his camera? My vote is for bigfoot  P^/
"The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."--Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Brian

LOL!

Yep, it's a bear. I'm pretty sure this was captured with an automated game camera. Hunters often stake out an area with a game camera and food before they invest valuable time hunting in a remote area. Bears would naturally be attracted to deer scent.

I must admit that I was more impressed with the picture of the moon... I mean, the unexplained light captured at the same location.  :)
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

Gary

Really the moon?  I didn't even think of that.  I wouldn't expect the moon light to be so intense in the camera, but hey, that is a good call. 
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

johnny

hehehe, i like the santa and little helper humor. good stuff... I can't "bear" it!
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

ljiljanac

You knoooooow......if you look down in between the elf's head and santa, you can see Rudolf's head and his round nose facing left as he lays there relaxing prior to launch.  Also, if you look midway down the left side of the photo, you can see another one of Santa's reindeer (I'm pretty sure that's Blitzen) walking out of the trees.  Aaaaaaand......if you look at the white splotch in the lower left corner, you can make out the right front part of Santa's sleigh......I'm just sayin.    ::|

Gary

I KNEW I saw Santa's Sleigh!  I almost said something, but I didn't want to sound crazy!   ::|
Gary \m/