News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

Ghost adventures on travel channel new show.

Started by bellalaghoste, July 15, 2008, 07:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellalaghoste

www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Most_Haunted/ci.Ghost_Adventures.show?  I seen these guys on documentrie with same name.  The documentries was good and entertaining.  They caught some evidence.  Check it out you know i will

ttjoon

Quote from: bellalaghoste on July 15, 2008, 07:40:44 PM
www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Most_Haunted/ci.Ghost_Adventures.show?  I seen these guys on documentrie with same name.  The documentries was good and entertaining.  They caught some evidence.  Check it out you know i will

Oh....that was the dude with the flying brick, right?  (The Styrofoam brick hooked up to fishing wire?) Or at least that is what most people thought.  :-\

bellalaghoste

That is true but the brick looked pretty real to me.

ttjoon

Quote from: bellalaghoste on July 16, 2008, 04:05:59 PM
That is true but the brick looked pretty real to me.
There is a lot of speculation about that clip and what really happened.  Some think it was real and some think it was rigged.  I guess the only people who know are the people who were there.  On this site somewhere is some disussion on the subject. 

bellalaghoste

will you be watching because I will.  I want to see if these guys a real.

ttjoon

Quote from: bellalaghoste on July 17, 2008, 12:34:12 PM
will you be watching because I will.  I want to see if these guys a real.

I don't know.  I might.  We'll see.  If it is just more of the same, then I probably will only watch once. 

ldwalkup

I'll be checking it out to see what they come up with.

bellalaghoste

it on tonight you guys travel channel check your local listings.  It already on tivo. 

bellalaghoste

it was pretty good check it out this friday on the travel channel.
They caught spirits on video and evps.  I like that it just the crew only locked in over night.
I really enjoy there way of doing the investigation. 

johnny

watching the Oct 18th episode and it's not bad, really neat location... it's a well documented location I think but the location is very, very intriguing with satanic rituals, possible sacrifices and lots of history around the place... for a rock bar. interesting coincidence that TAPS was at a rock bar too this week... but onto the other stuff...

The things that bug me is the lack of IR lighting for the rooms they shoot in but I guess falls in with their "raw" style.. The fact some of their crew runs when things get intense and the activity seems to start. Too much cussing too which makes for a lot of "bleeeps" so you can't even hear the bang in the bathroom when it happens.. and I won't even comment his narrative voice I just wanted to block it out... but overall the episode was entertaining.

The scratch on the back set of events seemed like a scene from "Dude! Where's My Car?" lol  but he did somehow get some weird scratches on his back.
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

PPI Jason

I was disappointed in the first episode of this show. Much of the evidence presented was fascinating (the phantom flying brick, the full bodied apparation walking across the screen, the clear EVP, the three pronged claw mark on Zak's back).

But overall I felt the leader, Zak Bagans, was way too over dramatic to be taken seriously as a paranormal investigator. I loved the way his built-in ghost detector activated his repetitive voice fluctuator (Dude, dude, dude, dude....Dude stop, stop dude, dude stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop....sit down, sit down, dude sit down, sit down dude, sit down) etc.... I also enjoyed the way he made himself out to be a hero to the priest who was advising him to cool it when it came to provoking demons. Zak says something to the effect of, "I know it's dangerous. But it's something I have to do. It's just something I feel called to." They should have played the Battle Hymn of the Republic in the background as he was talking  ::)

I know that for a television show to remain on the air it needs drama. Most of us probably wouldn't watch a show if there wasn't something to laugh at or complain about. A show without some type of "drama" would either get cancelled or get relegated to very early Sunday morning on KPBS. But at the same time, shows like this make it difficult for paranormal investigations to attain the legitimacy they have been seeking over the past decade.

I was intrigued by the flying phantom brick, but I can't shake the feeling that it looked rigged. Why was there no backward movement of the brick prior to the throw (like you would expect to see if an actual person threw a brick)? Why did the trajectory and speed of the brick look so mechanical (it looked to me like the type of movement you would expect to see from a toy attached to a string and some type of sling-shotesque motor)? Why did the way the brick hang in the air, briefly, before being thrown look different than the way an actual person would hold a brick? If you played a video of an actual person holding and throwing a brick side by side with the video of the flying phantom brick you would have an idea of what I'm getting at.

My question is this...Has anyone here actually seen an object being handled or thrown which was paranormal in nature? If so, did the movement of the object seem consistent with the type of movement an object would make if it were being held by an actual person? Or did the movement seem more consistent with that of the flying phantom brick? After all, if ghosts are nothing more than "clouds" or "cold spots" I guess we could expect to see them interact with physical objects differently than someone with physical hands or feet.

And, yes, I did make up the word "sling-shotesque." I apologize, I am no Karl, and you'll have to forgive my limited vocabulary. I have found over the years that if I add the suffix "esque" to the end of any word I just sound smarter :D
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Jason on October 24, 2008, 06:28:38 PM
I was disappointed in the first episode of this show..., the three pronged claw mark on Zak's back).

I think his shower loofah broke in mid scrub and did him in and he is just too embarrased to admit it.

PPI Jason

Yeah, loofah malfunctions are the worst! But to be honest, when my loofah breaks I always blame it on a demonic assault. I've just found it to be much more socially accepted  :P
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

bellalaghoste

shawdow people they get a lot of those.  Check it out give it a chance.  I liking it a lot.

johnny

Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.