News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

"Ghost" "caught" on school security camera

Started by PPI Brian, October 09, 2017, 04:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

This video clip has been circulating through paranormal social media sites recently. Would love to hear the thoughts and comments of our PPI Forum family on this topic.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

BurtonW

This looks staged to me. There could have easily been someone behind that third cabinet and the shelves.

PPI Karl

Hi, Burton W.  Welcome to the PPI forums.  It's good to have you here.

I tend to agree with you. My assumption is that most (if not all) of these are staged, and that the limitations of manpower and ingenuity always determine how these are choreographed.  For the record, I've never seen poltergeist activity with my own eyes, and until I do, I'm wary of videos like this where poltergeist activity appears staged for our entertainment right in front of the camera. In particular, the staggered timing of them is dubious. Most of these extremely low-tech and strictly mechanical effects can't be undertaken simultaneously because one person can't be in two places at once or they've got their two hands full pulling objects on fishing line off camera in singular trajectories . They never do anything remarkable, like levitating a fish bowl or scratching a message in the glass. As corny as it is, watching a penny slide up the face of a solid wood door would have a lot more impact on me. But, in some ways, our imagination and our technical abilities to stage these haunted attractions for YouTube hasn't changed much since the 19th c and its carnival of seances. ;)

Anyway, it'd be a pleasure to hear your further thoughts about this. 
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Brian

Found this video response to the "ghost" caught on camera video. I thought the explanation was well done and include it here for your enjoyment.  ;D

PPI Karl

That was awesome! Thanks for finding this, Brian. I'm jealous we didn't make this video first.  ;)
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Brian

So am I. We need to do some videos like this.