News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

The Hobbit

Started by PPI Brian, December 21, 2011, 02:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

Peter Jackson released the official trailer for the Hobbit today. Man, I can't wait.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/v/Uxrbpe-Jpqs
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Debra

I've always loved Tolkien!
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Debra on December 21, 2011, 01:05:31 PM

I found the books very hard to read, but eventually I became accustomed to his style and that's when the stories began to flow in my imagination. He was an incredible writer, and Peter Jackson captured the essence of Tolkien's work beautifully in the Lord of the Rings movies. I was disappointed when New Line announced Guillermo Del Torro would direct the Hobbit in 2008, and I'm glad he resigned in 2010 and that Peter Jackson stepped up. This is clearly his realm, and these films would succeed only with his direction. I'm looking forward to seeing them. 

Did you catch the very brief scene where they were fighting the mountain trolls around the camp fire? Very well done, as was the scene with Gollum.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Brian on December 21, 2011, 02:19:17 PM
Quote from: PPI Debra on December 21, 2011, 01:05:31 PM

I found the books very hard to read, but eventually I became accustomed to his style and that's when the stories began to flow in my imagination. He was an incredible writer, and Peter Jackson captured the essence of Tolkien's work beautifully in the Lord of the Rings movies. I was disappointed when New Line announced Guillermo Del Torro would direct the Hobbit in 2008, and I'm glad he resigned in 2010 and that Peter Jackson stepped up. This is clearly his realm, and these films would succeed only with his direction. I'm looking forward to seeing them. 

Did you catch the very brief scene where they were fighting the mountain trolls around the camp fire? Very well done, as was the scene with Gollum.

I agree with you  about the producer.

When I read a book, my mind is very visual.
That's why a producer of a film is so important: his/her vision effects the story.
It's always a disappointment when a producer's vision for literature doesn't embody the essence of the story.

The trailer is visually beautifully done.

(When I first moved to Grossmont Village, the roofs were old "shake" roofs and they were covered with moss. Larry and I immediately were reminded of the hobbit shires.)
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

adminsandiegohaunted

Awesomeness comes in many flavors, and this is one of them.