News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

A Mother's Plea

Started by PPI Tim, July 01, 2009, 01:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Tim

From the book of 666 true stories....

A couple taking a drive in the country came across a woman standing in the middle of the road waving her arms wildly. As they drew closer they could see that she was bruised, bleeding and her clothes were torn.
The couple stopped the car and jumped out as the distraught woman ran toward them. "My family has been in a terrible car  accident. We went off the road and into the ravine. My husband's is dead, but my baby is still alive. Please, save my baby."
The man charged down the steep slope of the ravine. At the bottom, he found the battered car with two dead adults in the front seat and an infant, still strapped in her car seat, bawling but unharmed.
He lifted the child out of the car and carried her carefully back to the road. "Where's the mother?" the man asked his wife.
"She followed you down the ravine. Didn't you see her?"
The man handed the baby to his wife, returned to the wrecked car.
In the front seat were a dead man and a dead woman-
the same woman who had flagged him down a few minutes earlier.  :o
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Jason

I know this story can't be true. But it still gives me a chill to think about it. If I were that guy, and something like that really did happen, my blood would immediately turn to ice water. Brrrrrrr  :-\
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Tim

That is why this is in the urban legend section. I felt the same way Jason when I read this story the first time.

Gary

I would agree that this story is mostly likely an urban legend, but as the goosebumps descended back into my arm, I was reminded of a story I was told from church camp, many years ago.

I don't remember it perfectly, but it's something like this.  two men were driving through the amazon jungle (or some other exotic wild element) when their truck broke down.  Miles from any sort of help, they decided to camp their, despite the dangers of wildlife, and the known Guerrillas that stalk the area.  During the night, a half dozen or so Guerrillas spotted the camp and broken down vehicle, but chose not to attack because of the dozen+ armed soldiers standing at guard around the whole camp.  Come morning, they were found by friends looking for them and returned home safely.  It comes down to say that those soldiers seen by the Guerrillas were not really their, but Angels protecting the two travlers. 

I know this most likely falls into the urban legend category, but as a kid, this was always one of those stories that kept my hope of Angels alive. 

Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Tim

I like angel stories. There are a ton of angel stories. I will look into a few to tell.