News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Lowest/Highest Gas Prices per area

Started by ttjoon, June 04, 2008, 04:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttjoon

I found this link today that could be quite helpful.  It is updated every evening.  Just put in your zip code and it will tell you the Lowest and Highest gasoline prices in your immediate and surrounding area.  Also includes maps.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

johnny

Quote from: TAPS Tracy on June 04, 2008, 04:39:04 PM
I found this link today that could be quite helpful.  It is updated every evening.  Just put in your zip code and it will tell you the Lowest and Highest gasoline prices in your immediate and surrounding area.  Also includes maps.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

I heard on the news yesterday morning, San Diego has the lowest gas prices in the state.  Santa Barbara... one of the highest... arg
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

ttjoon

Isn't mind blowing that we actually think $3.00 a gallon is cheap gas?   :-\

johnny

Quote from: TAPS Tracy on June 04, 2008, 05:57:22 PM
Isn't mind blowing that we actually think $3.00 a gallon is cheap gas?   :-\

I'm working on a personal project here and I'm finding during the oil boom in the 1800s to 1900s, it was 40 cents a barrel because there was not enough demand for oil and gas.  What happened?!?!  ???
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

Brian Johnson

MichaelF (FPIE)

I save about 40 cents a gallon filling up on base. 
200 years ago, our communication over computers would have been deemed magical and we all would have been burned at the stake.  200 years from now, explanations for what we call Paranormal will be in Science Textbooks.

ttjoon

Quote from: MichaelF (FPIE) on June 11, 2008, 07:13:31 AM

Oh man..it's hurts just to read that.  I just spent 65 bucks filling up a Honda Accord.........

PPI Glenn

$65?? Ha! I'd jump for joy if I could spend that! Mine is like $110!!

Quote from: TAPS Tracy on June 11, 2008, 10:58:00 AM
Quote from: MichaelF (FPIE) on June 11, 2008, 07:13:31 AM

Oh man..it's hurts just to read that.  I just spent 65 bucks filling up a Honda Accord.........
Glenn Pitcher
Founder, Pacific Paranormal Investigations
R.I.P. (1963-2009)

MichaelF (FPIE)

If you guys ever need to fill up the PPI van for a long trip, just let me know.
200 years ago, our communication over computers would have been deemed magical and we all would have been burned at the stake.  200 years from now, explanations for what we call Paranormal will be in Science Textbooks.

ttjoon

Quote from: PPI Glenn on June 11, 2008, 02:01:54 PM
$65?? Ha! I'd jump for joy if I could spend that! Mine is like $110!!

and THAT, my good man, is why I sold my Ford Expedition, last year...

TAPS Jen

I had to fill up yesterday (a Taurus) and it was almost $80.00!!!!  I had just been w. a jail client so I figured I'd fill it up downtown while I was there before heading out to the Valley and regular was $4.77!!!    :o
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

PPI Brian

Wow, that makes me feel a little better. I paid $4.49 per gallon last night, and the station right across the street was charging $4.69 for regular.  :P
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

Brian Johnson

I gased up today and I payed $53.23. I cried all the way home (JK).

Nate

Thanks for the link Tracy. It seems there is a little sting no matter where you are but this makes it a lot easier to choose yer poison.

MichaelF (FPIE)

You can save a little money gassing up at COSTCO as well, just fyi for people.

PPI Glenn

Yeah, if you want to deal with the lines and pay their annual fee.

Quote from: MichaelF (FPIE) on June 11, 2008, 09:56:51 PM
Glenn Pitcher
Founder, Pacific Paranormal Investigations
R.I.P. (1963-2009)

ttjoon

Costco was where I filled up.  $4.44.   Not bad, considering the CRIMINALS down at the Shell station right around the corner from me are charging $4.99!!!

Kristen

Quote from: PPI Glenn on June 12, 2008, 12:34:12 AM
Yeah, if you want to deal with the lines and pay their annual fee.

This is true.  I think I burn any savings I get at the pump waiting in line.  I do know that some Vons stores have gas stations.  You can save money if you happen to grocery shop the same day I think (not sure, haven't tried).
Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.  ~Marie Curie