News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

Ghost Tours

Started by CACPIR_Dave, March 28, 2008, 12:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CACPIR_Dave

So as I stated in another post, I'm going to be doing a late night ghost walk at the Wild Animal Park for some of our overnight programs. 
Now, I've talked to groups before about ghost hunting and the paranormal.  But I've never done something like this.
Any suggestions?  Have you guys done tours for the public or do you know any good ones in San Diego I can go on for some pointers?
I've got one story of a woman in white at our bird show and one of voices calling out employee names in a food service area.  I've also found out there was a battle nearby, San PAsqual Battlefield, were people have reported seeing soldiers riding on horseback.
Do tours actually bring along equipment on tours, seeing if groups can catch evidence?  Or is it more storytelling?

PPI Glenn

Hi Dave,
A couple years ago, we put on a paranormal tour down in San Ysidro. We equipped everyone with some basic equipment; EMF meters, video cameras and audio recorders then took them through the facility on a 'real' investigation. Then Dave took everything and created a DVD. Was it a lot of work! Oh ya! I think Dave ended up having the most difficult job because he compiled all the video into a DVD which we mailed to everyone a couple weeks later. Because he had to spend so much time on the DVD, I don't think it's something we'd try again. As for the equipment, if you have enough for everyone to share, then it could make the investigation more realistic, but then again, most people attending won't really know what they're looking at even if you give them a 10 minute primer beforehand. I were to do it again, I'd still utilize the usual equipment but only put it in the hands of someone that knows what they're doing.

As far as I know, we're the only ones that actually let people participate in an investigation. I know there's a guy that does tours in downtown/old town, but from what I've heard, he takes people around to different known haunts, tells the story then on to the next location. Unfortunately he doesn't give people time to linger at each site, probably due to time constraints.
Glenn Pitcher
Founder, Pacific Paranormal Investigations
R.I.P. (1963-2009)

CACPIR_Dave

Yeah, I was thinking of lingering at several places.  I have roughly an hour.  And so far, only a couple of stories.  ONe place, our bird show, is kind of nice because it will be dark and every one can just sit in the stadium.
I'm planning on bringing my equipment to at least talk abotu what some of the stuff is we all use.  But there is a potential for a large group as we can have about 200 people on an overnight.  The tours throughout the night are optional.  So I could get from 0-200!  THought if it was a big group, we'd probably split them up.  Luckily two of the guides on the overnight program are interested in this and have investigated with me.