News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Debunking A Poltergeist

Started by PPI Brian, September 20, 2007, 09:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

A woman living in Germany thought she was the victim of poltergeist activity. When she decided to set her fears aside and investigate her home with an open mind, she was surprised what she found. Click the link below to read the article:

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2785635,00.html
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

Kristen

I think I would be more freaked about the snake than the poltergeist.
I do have a question about poltergeists though.  I had an experience when I was younger.  In the family room of my home we had a large wall unit that had some books on it.  One day when I got home from school, I was walking up the stairs and saw a book leave the shelf (which was about 6.5 feet up), float across the room and drop to the floor.  Would that be considered poltergeist activity or something else?
Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.  ~Marie Curie

PPI Brian

Was this an isolated incident? Classic poltergeist activity usually centers around an individual, normally a female just entering puberty, and seems more prevalent in regions with high concentrations of limestone. Also, classic poltergeist activity disrupts a family for a period of time, and then ends suddenly.

If you click this link it will take you to a forum about one of the most well documented poltergeist cases in history:

http://pacificparanormal.com/forums/index.php/topic,802.0.html

Regards,

Brian Miller
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

Kristen

I've heard about that phenomenon.  I'm not sure about the limestone around the home, but I do know that the soil was comprised of a lot of rock and clay, which is probably the same as where I live currently since it's only 1 mile away.  (this is in San Diego).  I was around 15 at the time, so that explanaition would make sense.  As far as I'm aware there was no other events.  If it was me, I wish I knew how I did that.   ???
Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.  ~Marie Curie