News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Shark or Sea Monster?

Started by PPI Brian, August 14, 2007, 12:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

I recently stumbled across this article and thought it was worthy of posting. I think I remember reading about this many moons ago.

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/plesios.htm
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

bellalaghoste

Quote from: PPI Brian M on August 14, 2007, 12:10:33 AM
I recently stumbled across this article and thought it was worthy of posting. I think I remember reading about this many moons ago.

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/plesios.htm
Thank You for this info.  I feel that this could be a creature like nessy or other famous sea or water creature.   The body looks like it died not to long ago if there is still flesh a blubber on it.  Then again the sea water can perserve things pretty well.

Brian JohnsonPPI

It does look like a possible nessie or hodgie. However, it is so easy to fake things nowadays I have to see the creature in person for me to believe it.

PPI Brian

Yes, that'a because it's so badly decomposed. I believe it's a whale shark, or some kind of baleen whale. The body has been heavily scavenged, and the spinal cord is all that remains, giving it the creepy sea monster effect.

PPI Brian

Yes, the more I study these photos, the more I am convinced it is a large shark, possibly a Whale Shark.

As you know, sharks do not have bony skeletons like mammals. Their skulls are made of mostly soft tissue, which decomposes quickly in the open ocean and is easily eroded by scavengers. I think it's the rotted carcass of a large filter feeding shark. But it's very cool and thought provoking, isn't it?