News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Seann William Scott instead of shai La buff

Started by bellalaghoste, May 22, 2008, 07:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellalaghoste

Seann William Scott should have been in the next Indiana Jones film.  Reason being he looks the part.  Shai does not.  He is not atractive at all.   I think he looks under age.  I am a women and the best thing about the Indiana Jones movies was the adventure and of course the how sexy Harrison Ford is. Shai not so much.  In my opinon bad casting.  What do you guys think.
Who do you think should have been in this role?

dwalters

I have been a fan of Shia ever since he was on the Disney Channel's "Even Steven's" I think that he is an AWESOME actor and it's great to see his career bloom so nicely. Other than that, I don't know who Sean William Scott is :(

I'm just so happy for Shia!

johnny

I sort of agree bellalaghoste, i am not a shia laboef fan but not a hater either. He didn't seem like a good fit in the beginning but by the end, it all wrapped up together really well, Harrison Ford has slowed a step since The Last Crusade in 1989 so Shia's paced and style complimented Indi and Mary (both from The Lost Ark, yes they meet up again so it is a little nostalgic), I heard that this movie is aimed more for kids so it's a bit quick moving and it's a pretty mighty leap in about Mesoamerican culture or I should say, about the gods they supposedly worshipped with elongated skulls....  uh huh...  yup you figured it out.

It was really a fun movie though.  A good memorial weekend movie in my humble opinion. 3.5 out of 5 stars for me. :D

It looks like Shia LaBoef might be the next Indiana Jones and Harrison Ford may play the Sean Connery (dad character) in the future.
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/05/in_defense_of_shia_labeouf.html
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

bellalaghoste

Ok but I am 26 some people still call me a kid even though I am a adult.  So I guess I will give it a chance. But movies no a days could try to cast a little better.  My favorite Shai movie Battle of Shaker Hights.  I guess Transformers too.

MichaelF (FPIE)

Something to remember about casting is that there are is always cost considerations as well.  Sometimes some actors may be in the budget and others are not.  Plus some actors may actually be under contract to do a certain number of movies with a certain studio.  It's not always about who "fits" the part the best.
200 years ago, our communication over computers would have been deemed magical and we all would have been burned at the stake.  200 years from now, explanations for what we call Paranormal will be in Science Textbooks.

ldwalkup

I agree.  Shai was a bit slow in the beginning.  But, he gained momentum and was quite adventuresome.  I'm drawing a blank on who Sean Wm. Scott is.  I recognize the name but can't picture the face.  Of course, Harrison still had the Indiana Jones flair.  I enjoyed the movie.             

In August, we can see the latest mummy movie, The Dragon King.  Unfortunately, there is a different Evie and their kid is grown.  Brendan Frazier does not look old enough to have a grown kid.  They will have the same Jonathan with Jet Li as the Mummy Emperor. 

Love those science fiction and fantasy movies.  I grew up with that stuff.

bellalaghoste

YES THE NEW MUMMIE HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!! I love brendon he so great in these rolls a new evie that may suck but you never know.  Jet Li love him this should be a great movie!!!!! Thanks for the response.  Scott was the guy who co stared in the run down with the Rock!!!!

ldwalkup

Okay.  Now I know who he is.  He may have been good as well.     
I'm anxious for my next Mummy fix.  We've worn out our Mummy DVDs.  The new Evie was on ER for awhile.  But, I don't know who she was.  She may not have been it long.  The blog said she was presenting a different Evie.  I've seen the trailer and it's based on the first emperor of China, Chin, and his terra cotta army that is being excavated in China.  Sounds interesting.

Now that these long awaited sequels are out/coming out, maybe the producers of Jurassic Park IV will get off their duffs and get a script approved and start filming. 

Tonight is the next installment of the Andromeda Strain and tomorrow a new Ghost Hunter episode.  Life is good! 

johnny

Quote from: bellalaghoste on May 23, 2008, 07:43:28 PM
Ok but I am 26 some people still call me a kid even though I am a adult.  So I guess I will give it a chance. But movies no a days could try to cast a little better.  My favorite Shai movie Battle of Shaker Hights.  I guess Transformers too.

I wasn't calling you a kid bellalaghoste :)  but just saying that the movie (even Harrison Ford admitted) is really aimed at kids and not adults like the first 3 movies.  I guess this is the first time any Indiana Jones movie has had access to high level special effects where the first 3 movies made in the 80s all were done with animatronics, photo tricks, models and post production. So they tried to keep with the feel of the first 3, they did a decent job but some of it seemed like steampunk rather than pulp, because some of the scenes reminded of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow for some reason.  But then again, I could be completely off my jiggers and talking nonsense.  :-X
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.