News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

New to Santa Barbara County - Wanna get a group together or join one.

Started by externalink, May 28, 2009, 06:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

externalink

Moving June 7th to Gillespie Street, near downtown.

Anybody around there want to have coffee and discuss ideas? Also.... I haven't been on an investigation before, just a little head's up.

I may be new at this, but I take it very seriously. I would be a great addition to your team! I love doing research as well. So... yep.

Let me know.

:)
"The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity."

johnny

Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

externalink

Woo! I am so excited to be moving next week. Can't wait to meet you and get this going!

johnny

Cool, there's a couple others interested in the meet up too, hopefully should have a good little group of like minded and honest people..  However, there's a couple people I won't be inviting again after getting to know them last year. Smart but they seemed to have a lot of "stories" all the time and caught them being dishonest, their loss!

PPI Jason

Hi Johnny,

If you're having problems with dishonest people here's a great suggestion. Bring a car battery hooked up to some wires and a laptop computer and tell the people that it's a lie detector that shocks you if you lie. Then hook up one of the people in your group (someone whose in on the gag and don't let the new people know). Oh and put those little pasty probes on their chest hooked up to the battery. Then just casually start having a conversation with the group. Then have the guy that's hooked up to the battery start talking about how in HIS last investigation HE saw a full body apparation and his Frank's Box said, "Demon" and how Jason and Grant want him to help them write their next book.....at that moment have the guy just start crying out in pain and wailing and crying and begging for mercy. Maybe have someone open up a package of barbecued beef jerky so it smells like burning flesh. Then make sure you look at the guy, calmly, as he's weeping on the ground and trying to catch his breath and say something like, "Now Johnny, you know how we feel about honesty and integrity in this group.... Okay, whose turn is it next for the lie detector?"

Well, that's how I would handle it. But then again, that's probably why my group doesn't let me make important decisions  P^/

Hope this helps.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

externalink

Quote from: PPI Jason on June 04, 2009, 12:08:13 AM
Hi Johnny,

If you're having problems with dishonest people here's a great suggestion. Bring a car battery hooked up to some wires and a laptop computer and tell the people that it's a lie detector that shocks you if you lie. Then hook up one of the people in your group (someone whose in on the gag and don't let the new people know). Oh and put those little pasty probes on their chest hooked up to the battery. Then just casually start having a conversation with the group. Then have the guy that's hooked up to the battery start talking about how in HIS last investigation HE saw a full body apparation and his Frank's Box said, "Demon" and how Jason and Grant want him to help them write their next book.....at that moment have the guy just start crying out in pain and wailing and crying and begging for mercy. Maybe have someone open up a package of barbecued beef jerky so it smells like burning flesh. Then make sure you look at the guy, calmly, as he's weeping on the ground and trying to catch his breath and say something like, "Now Johnny, you know how we feel about honesty and integrity in this group.... Okay, whose turn is it next for the lie detector?"

Well, that's how I would handle it. But then again, that's probably why my group doesn't let me make important decisions  P^/

Hope this helps.

Oh my goodness!!!  >:]

SCP Ellie

Life feeds on Life

johnny

Quote from: PPI Jason on June 04, 2009, 12:08:13 AM
Hi Johnny,

Hope this helps.

Too funny!  Love the part with the beef jerky making it smell like cooked flesh... too funny! 

Brian Johnson

That's exactly why we don't let you make the big decisions, Jason. JK ;D