News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Spaldiing Inn For Sale

Started by PPI Brian, January 15, 2013, 01:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

Grant Wilson made headlines last week with the following announcement:

It is with heavy hearts that we announce we will be selling our beloved Spalding Inn.

When we first saw the Spalding Inn, we fell in love with it, but it was dying. It needed help fast or it was going to be gone forever.  We put in a lot of time, money and energy bringing it back to life. Now that it is resurrected, we have come to the conclusion that we simply do not have the time to run it.  We are looking for someone to take it from here and keep that beautiful building alive.

The location is stunning, serene, beautiful, and full of character. It has a rich history that is alive in the architecture and ambiance of the locale.  It deserves owners as caring and understanding of the property as we were, but who have the time that we simply did not.

Here is the MLS Listing: http://commercial.realtor.com/commercial-detail/_199-Mountain-View-Road-_Whitefield_NH_03598_2532100

If anyone is seriously interested, please contact:

Kay Gruwell ? 603.391.5156 of the Bean Group ? 800.450.7784

http://grantswilson.com/spalding-sale/?doing_wp_cron=1358275461.5591509342193603515625
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

Very sad they have to sell it.  Hopefully someone will purchase it and give it the TLC and time it needs. 

PPI Tim

It sounds like Grant is tired with everything dealing with the paranormal. The Inn is just another thing.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Tim on January 16, 2013, 01:15:26 PM
It sounds like Grant is tired with everything dealing with the paranormal. The Inn is just another thing.

I thought the same thing, but it might be much more practical than that. I believe Grant and his wife still live in Warwick, Rhode Island. The Spalding Inn is located in Whitefield, New Hampshire -- 222 miles north of where they live. It's about a four hour drive one way. I never heard them talk about relocating permanently to New Hampshire, so that much driving would get old really fast, especially in New England. Being an Inn Keeper in rural New Hampshire might sound like a nice way to make a living, but I'm sure it's a lot more work than they bargained for. I'll wager they're struggling to pay the bills, keep the rooms full, pay their staff, keep their restaraunt and bar stocked, keep up with the compliance regulations, etc. And the maintenance costs for one hundred and fifty year old building and all the acreage must be outrageous. Their room rates seem mighty pricey to me. Here's a link: http://thespaldinginn.com/rates.html
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

Pricey indeed.

They bought it no doubt because they thought it would be a great investment.  They did use it for quite a while for paranormal events and such.  But you do have a great point Brian - upkeep on a building that old, plus the grounds, must be quite the monthly expenditure.  Probably a lot more than they take in.