News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Scientists ID Head of France's King Henry IV

Started by PPI Brian, December 16, 2010, 03:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

After 200 years scientists believe they have finally located the severed head of one of France's most beloved Kings -- Henry the IV. Assasinated in 1610, his body was dug up and his head was cut off during the French Revolution, and it has been missing ever since. Here's a link to the fascinating story:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/14/tech/main7150284.shtml?tag=channelMore;pop
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

Damn.....where is my head?  It rolled somewhere.  Maybe under the bed?  I'm always losing that darn thing.  Oh..I know....it's in the attic!

PPI Debra

Head rolling was an occupational hazard for the royals.. if they weren't poisoned first. Very nasty stuff.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Brian

Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on December 16, 2010, 05:23:49 PM
Head rolling was an occupational hazard for the royals.. if they weren't poisoned first. Very nasty stuff.

Very true. However in Henry's case he'd been dead for about 180 years before they hacked off his head.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Brian M on December 16, 2010, 06:38:44 PM
Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on December 16, 2010, 05:23:49 PM

Very true. However in Henry's case he'd been dead for about 180 years before they hacked off his head.

Some people just really hold a grudge.

PPI Tim

Sounds interesting...Go on.

ljiljanac

Now THAT'S seriously ticking someone off, right there!  ........  His head was missing?   Oh.    ::|

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Lillie on December 19, 2010, 09:58:53 PM
Now THAT'S seriously ticking someone off, right there!  ........  His head was missing?   Oh.    ::|

Stealing a monarch's head even after death, is the greatest insult.
Darn. I think I've read too many historical novels on European history.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Tracy

That's totally Soprano style stuff right there.  (watched it too many times.....)

PPI Brian