News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

LMPD Open House

Started by PPI Jason, September 02, 2010, 11:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Jason

Just thought I would throw this out there.

If anyone is interested, La Mesa PD is hosting an open house for the new police station on Saturday, Sept 4, from 11 am to 3 pm. The POA is selling hot dogs and stuff as a fund raiser. Otherwise it's free and the general public is invited. It's a really cool building with some pretty state of the art stuff. A lot of planning and effort went into trying to make this a station that would help everyone there do their jobs better.

The new station is located right at the intersection of Baltimore Drive and University Ave in La Mesa if anyone is interested.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

Gary

That sounds like fun!  Will you be there?  ?
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Brian

Oh, man. I wish I could go, but I have to work until 4:00 pm Saturday. Best wishes for a successful open house.  :)
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Karl

Sounds very cool, Jason.  I'll try to nip out on Saturday and stop by!
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Jason

Yes I will be there.

I'm not going to be there the whole time though. They are going to have volunteers at each of 15 different stations that will be able to explain to the public the different aspects of the place. Both investigations and SRT wanted me to volunteer to host their stations, but that would have precluded me being able to bring my wife and kids. So I'll be there probably at 11:00 am.

Gary, if you want to meet up you can meet me at the front entrance at around 11:00. We can all go around together if you want. I'll have my cell phone on me so if we miss just give me a call and we can better coordinate. Same goes for anyone else that's interesting in going when I'm there  :)
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Tim

It's a scam. I'm on to you Jason. You want all of us to come so you can arrest us.
I've seen that sting operation before. ;D
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Debra

"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

Gary

Ahhhhhh snap!  I just got offered overtime this weekend, so I am taking it.  That means I won't be able to make to the Open House tomorrow, but I hope it goes well for all!!!  on't worry, I'll still see you all tomorrow night!  Yeah!!!!   ;D
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Jason

-Jack Handey

PPI Brian

PPI Jason

Quote from: PPI Brian M on September 07, 2010, 12:22:11 AM
Found these links online:  :)

http://www.lamesatoday.com/profiles/blog/show?id=4327660%3ABlogPost%3A3759&commentId=4327660%3AComment%3A3815&xg_source=activity

http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/node/4110

Thanks for posting these articles Brian.

Just my observation, I don't think of La Mesa as Mayberry, as the mayor said. I think it's more like Mos Eisley. Sorry Mayor, but you're gonna need more than Barney Fife to keep that city in line.

Second observation, the secure parking below the new station will NOT house the cities entire fleet of vehicles. That would mean the mayor and all the public works vehicles would be parking in a secure police parking lot with access to lockers that that would be storing all our police equipment. That will be police parking only lol.
-Jack Handey

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Jason on September 07, 2010, 12:50:22 AM

Just my observation, I don't think of La Mesa as Mayberry, as the mayor said. I think it's more like Mos Eisley. Sorry Mayor, but you're gonna need more than Barney Fife to keep that city in line.

Mos Eisley? LOL!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/v/dRd_vZT6zPY?fs=1&hl=en_US

PPI Jason

That's exactly the scene I was thinking of. I'm really glad that when Sir Alec Guiness did the remake that he decided to "keep it real" instead of using words like "wretched hive of scum and villainy."
-Jack Handey

ljiljanac

PPI Tracy

I'm glad Taylor chose to put on Disney....loud, at that exact moment Sir Alex spoke.