News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Ghosts and the Bible

Started by PPI Jason, July 24, 2010, 03:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Jason

This is a fascinating article that my best friend from college wrote. We were also best mans at each others wedding.....or do you say "best men".....or "best mens?" Anyway, he wrote the article a while ago but sent it to me just recently.

It analyzes Mark 6:49-50 which is the story of how Jesus approached the disciples, while walking on water, and they thought he was a ghost. It's very well written and includes many references to ancient documents that reveal what ancient societies believed about ghosts.

Just have a dictionary handy, my friend is very smart and uses 20 point scrabble words regularly. But if you take the time to read this, I think you'll find it has some very interesting ideas and information.

Let me know what you think  :)
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Brian

Thank you for sharing this article with us, Jason. I look forward to reading it.  :)
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan