News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Children of the Grave

Started by PPI Brian, July 08, 2010, 11:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

The second installment from the Booth Brothers. Anybody else see this?

http://www.youtube.com/v/0X7XuCMiCAc&hl=en_US&fs=1
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

Shows you how tired I am.  I read the title at first and thought it said, "Chicken of the Grave".   :D     Ahem,...sorry.   :-\

Anyway....Booth Brothers.....nope.  I have a hard time taking them seriously.  They kind of remind me of a cross between Fabio and Dog the Bounty Hunter x 2.  I think they are just in it for fame.  Excuse me....rephrase:  "Pseudo Fame". 

Just my take.   What do you all think?  Have they really done anything good for the paranormal field like serious research, investigation, etc?  (you could go off the deep end with jokes here, I'm sure, but I'm really curious as to what they do....or don't do)

PPI Brian

I agree with you, Tracy. No, they haven't made any serious contributions to the field that I'm aware of. Their "documentaries" are for entertainment purposes only. Having said that, I have to admit their first flick on Waverly Hills was much better than their second. Children of the Grave had a good premise, but it fell apart like a cheap paper towel in a bowl full of water. The locations were interesting, and some of the historical interviews with care takers and locals was intriguing.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Brian M on July 09, 2010, 01:44:38 PM
Children of the Grave had a good premise, but it fell apart like a cheap paper towel in a bowl full of water.

LOVE that analogy!   :D

PPI Karl

This is the film that put me off from getting a PPI beret, after I saw those two guys from some Extreme Paranormal Task Force (or something'  ::|) show up in berets, fingerless gloves, paramilitary gear, lookin' all serious and sh*t in IR light and waving around their ghost meters.  The whole scene took me right back to Humbaba showing up at our meetings one summer in camouflage pants, a pair of CHiPs sunglasses and a cigar hanging out of his mouth, looking like he was dressed up for the Gay Pride Parade's A-Team float.  (We had to talk him down from dressing up this way for investigations.)  Once I realized just how cheesy the paranormal "drag" looked, I vowed I would never tarnish PPI's image with these kinds of cliches.  Anyway, that was just one detail in the film that made it a stinker it was.  The other was, obviously, Rosemary Ellen Guiley--living proof that, if you just SOUND like you know what you're talking about, people will believe anything you say.  (Not that I have an opinion about it.)

Hey, what we need is a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 where we lampoon all of these really terrible paranormal Booth Brothers documentaries.  All we'd really need to prepare is to be our snarky selves sitting around a big screen TV with some beers.  :D
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

ljiljanac

I agree, Karl!   ;D   I haven't ever seen Booth Brothers stuff before.

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Karl on July 09, 2010, 07:02:47 PM
Hey, what we need is a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 where we lampoon all of these really terrible paranormal Booth Brothers documentaries.  All we'd really need to prepare is to be our snarky selves sitting around a big screen TV with some beers.  :D

I can video three of you in silhouette against the big screen at the union hall.  ;D

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Brian M on July 09, 2010, 08:27:41 PM

I can video three of you in silhouette against the big screen at the union hall.  ;D

It might turn into another Rocky Horror Picture Show....
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Jason

That's a great idea Karl!! I second that motion. Then Brian can post clips of it on the website.  ;) I don't know if we should call it fun or therapy, though.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Tracy

The whole scene took me right back to Humbaba showing up at our meetings one summer in camouflage pants, a pair of CHiPs sunglasses and a cigar hanging out of his mouth, looking like he was dressed up for the Gay Pride Parade's A-Team float.  (We had to talk him down from dressing up this way for investigations.) 

Oh holy MOTHER of GOD!  I just peed myself!!!    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ljiljanac

I willl wear my helmet!!    ;D