News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Does having high EMF cost me?

Started by Gary, May 27, 2010, 11:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

This is going to be quick!   Does high EMF mean a higher electric bill?   ???
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

ljiljanac

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Lillie on May 27, 2010, 11:22:28 PM
You experimenting?? 

It  did for us. It was approximately $80.00 more a month, until we fixed the collapsed conduit. Actually, the electrical contractors told me that you will have higher bills with high emf's because you're pulling more power.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

Gary

Yes, Lillie, I am experimenting.  Our power bill between myself and my roommate seems a little high.  We are both home for very little time in the morning and then usually in the afternoons.  Nothing seems to be ordinarily different than anywhere else I used to live, except one thing.  When we first moved in, my I had a space heater that would pop the circuit breakers every time I used it.  Never the had the issue before, but now I don't use it.  Haven't had  the problem much anymore cause we watch how much power we use, but we have also recognized that the power set up here might have been wired by a 5 year old.  So I was wondering if we would be able to locate any large unnecessary amounts from EMF and determine if things are legit!  Ya know?
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Gary on May 28, 2010, 12:31:43 AM
Yes, Lillie, I am experimenting.  Our power bill between myself and my roommate seems a little high.  We are both home for very little time in the morning and then usually in the afternoons.  Nothing seems to be ordinarily different than anywhere else I used to live, except one thing.  When we first moved in, my I had a space heater that would pop the circuit breakers every time I used it.  Never the had the issue before, but now I don't use it.  Haven't had  the problem much anymore cause we watch how much power we use, but we have also recognized that the power set up here might have been wired by a 5 year old.  So I was wondering if we would be able to locate any large unnecessary amounts from EMF and determine if things are legit!  Ya know?
If you have access to the meters on the side of the building, you see if your meter is spiking higher than the others around it. You can also check the meter after you turn all breakers off. If it's still registering usage at this point, you have some kind of electrical bleed.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

ljiljanac

Yuppers.  That sux.  Let me know what you find!   :-\

Gary

Hmm, thanks Debra, might be something I'll have to try this weekend!  yay, see you guys tonight, I am really excited!
Gary \m/

PPI Brian

We had the same problem at my old apartment. The electric bills were outrageously high. Turned out the electrical outlets were incorrectly wired (reversed polarity) and I believe this caused an electrical "load" even when nothing was plugged in and running. Keep in mind that computer equipment and other electronic devices can drain power even when they're not turned on. This is commonly known as "vampire power" or "Phantom power". A computer printer, for example, draws almost as much power in standby mode as it does when it's in normal operational mode. The solution? Hook it up to a power adapter / surge suppressor and cut the power when not in use. Game consoles, LCD televisions, and many other devices draw power as long as they're plugged in. This is the reason why you can turn on your TV with an infrared remote -- the device is on standby, just waiting to recieve a signal and start up. Could it be that you just have a lot of stuff plugged in?

http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/vampire.html

You might want to pick one of these up the next time you're at Dixieline or Home Depot:

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=sperry+outlet+tester&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=XAoATN3AO6L4Mqq_sTs&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CD0QzAMwAw
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

Now featuring:

BRIAN MILLER: GOD OF ALL GADGETS!