News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Nobel Laureate Uninvited to Physics Conference Because of Paranormal Interests

Started by PPI Debra, April 26, 2010, 03:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Debra

Recently, Nobel Laureate Professor Brian Josephson was invited to a physics workshop at the Towler Institute to discuss a particular approach to quantum mechanics. Then, all of a sudden, he was disinvited. The reason? Prof. Josephson is interested in the paranormal.

http://www.dailygrail.com/Skepticism/2010/4/Paranormal-Regret

>:[
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

Damian

That's just sad and tacky.   >:[

The thing that bothers me is the "paranormal" is a relatively unexplored territory of human life, and why are people ostracized when they take it upon themselves to learn what they can about this subject?!

Science seeks to employ methods and measures to help mankind understand ourselves and the universe around us, so why is this subject considered ridiculous?  At one point in time, it would have been "crazy" to question if the bodies in our solar system indeed orbited Earth, yet we now know that previously held conclusion is utterly false.  It's arrogant and closed-minded to assume that the "paranormal" doesn't exist, or isn't even worthy of exploration before drawing a conclusion.

Wow, I didn't expect that short blurb to get me riled up like that.

Good find Debra!
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

PPI Tracy

Why does this not surprise me?  People can be so damn closed minded.  If it doesn't fit into their little box they call "life" then it must be wrong, weird, or nonexistentant.  What a shame.