News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Ouija Boards

Started by ljiljanac, January 30, 2010, 10:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

You know I am in.... and I wouldn't doubt that I am alone!  Aye!?!   ;D
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Jason

I agree. Gary and I have talked about using a Ouija Board. Not in a scare tactic fashion, but as a legitimate experiment.

I truly in my heart of hearts don't believe that there is any more significance to the power of a Ouija Board than is present in the power of our own minds. And if individuals are concerned about inviting evil spirits during a Ouija Board session, then why aren't they concerned when they try to make contact with spirits during an EVP vigil. Is it the candles? Is is the cheap Milton Bradley planchette? To me, there really is no difference. The board itself doesn't have any magical powers.

But out of deference to Brian, Gary, and my own family, I acknowledge the fact that I simply don't happen to know EVERYTHING (contrary to the impression you may get from me).

Therefore, I have a certain level of concern about doing this experiment anywhere that anyone that I like has to live or work (in the off chance Ouija Boards, however inadvertently, do tap into an interdimensional nether void of demons and foul wraiths).

Speaking of that, do you think we could do this at Johnson's house?

I'm kidding.....I'M KIDDING!  :P

But seriously though?
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Jason on March 23, 2010, 01:47:23 AM

But seriously though?

>:]   LOL!!!
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

ljiljanac

I'm totally in.  I don't believe in it either.  I owned one years ago and got nothin.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Gary on March 22, 2010, 11:37:25 PM
You know I am in.... and I wouldn't doubt that I am alone!  Aye!?!   ;D

Gary - you is my partner in crime!!!!   ;)

PPI Tracy

Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on March 22, 2010, 11:11:01 PM
Quote from: PPI Tracy on March 22, 2010, 10:55:57 PM
You know what might be interesting (and I cannot believe I'm even saying this).....Union Hall, overnight, Ouija Board.  Hmmmmm. 

Tracy,
You have shocked me!!!   :o

"CLEAR"!!!

(yeah, I shock myself too)

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Jason on March 23, 2010, 01:47:23 AM
Therefore, I have a certain level of concern about doing this experiment anywhere that anyone that I like has to live or work (in the off chance Ouija Boards, however inadvertently, do tap into an interdimensional nether void of demons and foul wraiths).

But seriously though?

That was so funny, Jason.   :D

Regarding your other statement - it would have to be up to Brian.  In all honesty, just when it comes to my own home, there isn't enough money in the universe you could pay me to mess with one there.  That is just due to my own experience with it as a kid.  I do think it would be an interesting experiment, not only to see if it actually worked, obviously, but to see if it would assist upping the evp factor. 

Again, it's up to Brian. 

Another question:  Do any of us actually OWN one?

Gary

Quote from: PPI Tracy on March 23, 2010, 12:10:49 PM

I know Brian does.... but he said he wouldn't let me use it.  However... he didn't say he wouldn't let the GROUP use it!!!   ;D
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Gary on March 23, 2010, 02:06:01 PM
Quote from: PPI Tracy on March 23, 2010, 12:10:49 PM

I know Brian does.... but he said he wouldn't let me use it.  However... he didn't say he wouldn't let the GROUP use it!!!   ;D

SCORE! 

ljiljanac

Let's go to a cemetary.  That's neutral territory.  lol

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Lillie on March 23, 2010, 06:03:55 PM
Let's go to a cemetary.  That's neutral territory.  lol

Well then, let's grab Damian's pink Hello Kitty Ouija Board and GO!

Damian

I'm definitely up for this type of experiment, and like Jason, I agree that we might want to find another location in which to work the Ouiji.  Just in case.

And how is it that I'm on the hook for providing a pink Hello Kitty Ouiji Board???  Lillie was the one with the pink alarm clock!   ;)
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Damian on March 24, 2010, 06:48:22 PM
I'm definitely up for this type of experiment, and like Jason, I agree that we might want to find another location in which to work the Ouiji.  Just in case.

And how is it that I'm on the hook for providing a pink Hello Kitty Ouiji Board???  Lillie was the one with the pink alarm clock!   ;)

pink is evil.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Tracy

Sorry Damian.  It came to me in a dream.   :D

PPI Tracy

Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on March 24, 2010, 07:37:34 PM

pink is evil.

No no.  Not "evil".  It is "eVIL".   >:]

PPI Tracy

Hey, B. Mill.  What do you think about all this?

Shellshock

I'd be interested in participating in this experiment...would I be able to get in on this?  Normally I wouldn't even consider asking, but you all seem like you will be taking a responsible enough approach. Uhm, and I'm just plain ol' curious. I have a somewhat similar story as Tracy , and some debunking or realizations ,would be awesome.
XoXo

Gary

I think one of the major difficulties we're going to have is finding a place to do this.  The Union Hall would be awesome, but to do this experiment at one of our own hoes, or even place of business doesn't seem right.  Any thoughts on locations anyone?
Gary \m/

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Gary on March 26, 2010, 02:07:18 PM
I think one of the major difficulties we're going to have is finding a place to do this.  The Union Hall would be awesome, but to do this experiment at one of our own hoes, or even place of business doesn't seem right.  Any thoughts on locations anyone?

Lillie suggested a cemetery. Probably a quiet secluded outdoor place would be best.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: Shellshock on March 26, 2010, 01:42:15 PM
I'd be interested in participating in this experiment...would I be able to get in on this?  Normally I wouldn't even consider asking, but you all seem like you will be taking a responsible enough approach. Uhm, and I'm just plain ol' curious. I have a somewhat similar story as Tracy , and some debunking or realizations ,would be awesome.

I think that would be great, Shell. 

PPI Jason

Quote from: Shellshock on March 26, 2010, 01:42:15 PM

I agree with Tracy, we would love to have you with us on this one. We don't have a date, or location, set yet. I think we should consider brainstorming on this at our next meeting. I wouldn't mind doing it my work (that place has already been cursed with the presence of more evil than any toy demonic portal could possible conjure) but I'm pretty sure THAT would get me fired (or, more likely, really really laughed at for a long long time).

I think a cemetery would be fine, but the question is which one? Are there any that are private enough that would could do this without too many onlookers yet are accessible to the public and don't have lots of security guards who might chase us off? I really feel that the "where" is our only real obstacle right now. I'm sure we are flexible enough to adapt the "when" to fit the schedules of anyone in the group that wants to participate.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Debra

[/quote]

I think a cemetery would be fine, but the question is which one? Are there any that are private enough that would could do this without too many onlookers yet are accessible to the public and don't have lots of security guards who might chase us off? I really feel that the "where" is our only real obstacle right now. I'm sure we are flexible enough to adapt the "when" to fit the schedules of anyone in the group that wants to participate.
[/quote]

I don't know how you all would feel about this: we have an old rickety pool house/ club house that is only used for HOA meetings here at Grossmont Village. (The nice pool house is on another part of the property). A man died there of a heart attack during a homeowner's meeting. Also it's by the pool where the lady was drowned. Larry and I could sign it out for an evening "party". If it's not the weekend, it's free. It's 50.00 for a weekend night/day.

Gary

Wow Debra, I think your idea just made it to the list of potential locations.  We now have ONE good possible location.  That actually sounds like a really cool place, esp knowing of the 2 deaths that have occurred there.  I think that is fairly central to a lot of us also!!
Gary \m/

PPI Jason

I like the pool house idea Debra. But only if we can get it reserved. I just don't want people walking in on the experiment. I also don't want to freak out the other tenants and risk getting you in trouble. I can see it now (queue the harp music indicating my mind going into an alternate hypothetical future).

[A small child wearing a Spongebob swim suit with a large inflated pink "Hello Kitty" inner tube around his waist opens the gate to the pool area, excitedly]

Small Child: "Mommy, mommy, I can't wait to go swimming. Thank you, thank you."
Overly Protective Christian Right Wing Mother who drives an excessively large mini-van: "Yes, Timmy. I am also looking forward to an afternoon of wholesome poolside entertainment."
Small Child: "Amen."
Overly Protective Christian Right Wing Mother who drives an excessively large mini-van: "Go in the clubhouse, Timmy, and wash your hands. Remember, cleanliness is next to godliness."
Small Child: "I love the book of Acts, Mommy."

[The unwitting child enters the room to a horrible scene. Two adults are seated, blindfolded, at a table with a "Cryptique" brand Ouija Board. A woman with red hair is standing to the side with her face covered in horror. A strange man in black with a cane that appears to have a headlamp on it is observing quietly from a corner. Two other females are running around and wildly flailing their arms as they try to dodge objects and kitchen utensils which are flying through the air at them. A deep growling disembodied voice can be heard to echo through the hall saying, "WHO DARES TO DISTURB MY THOUSAND YEAR SLEEP!!!!"]

[The small boy starts to cry and runs out of the room in terror].

Epilogue: [A psychiatrist's office 20 years in the future. The small boy, now a man, is lying on a leather couch while a stearn but calm psychiatrist with a note pad, a pair of wire rim glasses barely sitting at the end of his nose, smoking a pipe, is listeningly quietly with his legs crossed].

Small Child Now a Man: "And that's how it all started doc. I just can't stop the nightmares. I still cry myself to sleep at night."
-Jack Handey

PPI Karl

Hey, didn't I see this on an episode of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer?  If not, don't let Joss Whedon read your post before you copyright it.   :D

So, would this experiment take place after hours?  Is there a special "dead time" that it's best suited to?  When I was a kid, we used to wait until midnight on Saturday to conjure up James Dean with the ol' planchette.  (Note:  That's not a sexual innuendo.)  Eventually, we'd give up trying and instead just tune in a James Dean movie on UHF.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Jason on March 27, 2010, 12:01:23 PM
I like the pool house idea Debra. But only if we can get it reserved. I just don't want people walking in on the experiment. I also don't want to freak out the other tenants and risk getting you in trouble. I can see it now (queue the harp music indicating my mind going into an alternate hypothetical future).

[A small child wearing a Spongebob swim suit with a large inflated pink "Hello Kitty" inner tube around his waist opens the gate to the pool area, excitedly]

Small Child: "Mommy, mommy, I can't wait to go swimming. Thank you, thank you."
Overly Protective Christian Right Wing Mother who drives an excessively large mini-van: "Yes, Timmy. I am also looking forward to an afternoon of wholesome poolside entertainment."
Small Child: "Amen."
Overly Protective Christian Right Wing Mother who drives an excessively large mini-van: "Go in the clubhouse, Timmy, and wash your hands. Remember, cleanliness is next to godliness."
Small Child: "I love the book of Acts, Mommy."

[The unwitting child enters the room to a horrible scene. Two adults are seated, blindfolded, at a table with a "Cryptique" brand Ouija Board. A woman with red hair is standing to the side with her face covered in horror. A strange man in black with a cane that appears to have a headlamp on it is observing quietly from a corner. Two other females are running around and wildly flailing their arms as they try to dodge objects and kitchen utensils which are flying through the air at them. A deep growling disembodied voice can be heard to echo through the hall saying, "WHO DARES TO DISTURB MY THOUSAND YEAR SLEEP!!!!"]

[The small boy starts to cry and runs out of the room in terror].

Epilogue: [A psychiatrist's office 20 years in the future. The small boy, now a man, is lying on a leather couch while a stearn but calm psychiatrist with a note pad, a pair of wire rim glasses barely sitting at the end of his nose, smoking a pipe, is listeningly quietly with his legs crossed].

Small Child Now a Man: "And that's how it all started doc. I just can't stop the nightmares. I still cry myself to sleep at night."
LOL!
Drama!  The story of my life....

I was more afraid of a group of little old ladies suddenly behaving in a bacchanalian kind of way...

We can reserve it. Also, any one who was going to disturb us would have to have 2 sets of keys.( I know of only one person with the 2nd set- me.) The pool is not heated, so I doubt anyone would want to swim until summer .

PPI Tracy

sounds like a plan to me

Gary

Okay, next.... We actually need a Ouija Board.  Like I mentioned, Brian has one, so perhaps he would be willing to let the group use it.... but in case not, do we have any other sources for one? 
Gary \m/

Damian

I could order one online for the team, or hit up a toy store or something like that.  I'm completely ignorant about Ouija Boards, so I feel that I should ask if there's a specific type I should get for this outing.  Can I go to Toy-R-Us or do I need to track down that old asian dude who sells Gremelins?
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

Gary

Damian, that is a good question.  I have to say that I am about 80% more skeptical of a toy OB coming outta Toys R Us.  I also have little knowledge on the subject.  I have priced some "Authentic" OB's online, but they run anywhere from $65-$100+.  I actually probably wouldn't mind using a toys r us brand OB in my own home... that is how doubtful I am of it.  But nothing else!  lol
Gary \m/