News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Darlin, you don't look a day over a hundred million. No, really.

Started by PPI Tracy, August 18, 2009, 03:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Thats really cool.  You know, I wouldn't mind getting a small telescope to keep around.  Space is such a vast mysterious place.  Seeing pictures of stars or planets is one thing, but to see it with your own eyes is incredible.  I remember seeing the moon through a telescope as a kid, how cool that was.  And now, the things we're able to see.  Thanks for the link Tracy.
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Tim

I would suggest the Meade ETX series.
They are goto telescopes. You can spend more time looking at what you want to look at rather then searching for what you want to look at.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

Gary

Sounds good Tim... I'll just start saving my aluminum cans!   ;D
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Brian

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Jason

I already have quite a bit saved up for a new telescope. The boss won't let me get it until I buy her a house first. Shucks. I think I already have the one I want picked out though.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Brian

I heard that. Better buy her a house quick while the prices are kinda sorta reasonable.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan