News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

Still In the Dark about the Universe

Started by PPI Karl, August 18, 2009, 12:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Karl

I was just getting used to the idea of dark matter, and now scientists are proposing an alternative explanation to the so called "rapidly expanding universe."   Check it out; if it has anything to do with physics, you know it's gotta be related to paranormal investigating: 

If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Jason

Excellent article. I agree with the concept of "Dark Energy" as a "fudge factor." Throughout history different scientists have tried to make actual observations fit their data by adding some type of constant. Newton had the "gravitational constant." Einstein also used a constant (I can't remember the name, Brian you'll have to help me on this one). At any rate, each constant was able to be resolved at some point later on by means of a better explanation. This new theory reminds me of that. I'm excited to see what kinds of results they get.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey