News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Working Class Videos

Started by PPI Brian, May 22, 2009, 12:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

I've been tasked with creating videos for our organization, and thought I would share them with our PPI family members. They're currently on You Tube but are scheduled to air on Labor Link TV through our affiliates at San Diego State University.

Warning: these videos contain adult situations - i.e. people struggling to put bread on their tables. If you're offended by people standing up and doing the right thing, you may want to pass on these videos.

Employee Free Choice Act video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh_LGk5i0hU&feature=channel

Cytec Strike videos

GVP elect Gary Allen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFEISDrifOI

Cheif Shop Steward Young Ho:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro4-4DuVPXI

Issues Behind the Strike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSd08mILN1g&feature=channel
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

johnny

As a former union and guild member in the film industry, more power to you guys! I've been through the fire... from being paid 50 bucks a day working 15 hours a day to much better in with the good folks at the Local and Guilds.  I'm not in that field anymore but agree, in particular industries it's a must.
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

Brian Johnson

I love those Brian! Very well done and very moving. they will definitely bring attention to your cause.

SCP Ellie

Wow Brian that was tear jerking. I think your cause will get a lot of attention!!! Good luck!!
Life feeds on Life

PPI Brian

Thank you, everybody. I sure hope the strike at Cytec is resolved soon. Driving back and forth to Anaheim is taking its toll on me.  :P

I have interviews with the strikers that will appear in our next video, which will be released next week. I hope they bring more attention to our struggle and help bring an equitable resolution to the strike.

PPI Jason

Excellent videos Brian.

I think many Americans, myself included, have forgotten, or simply don't realize, that all the issues associated with organized labor aren't just a part of history. I think many of us just associate labor issues as a problem of the early 20th century associated with fighting for a 40 hour work week and the 8 hour day and that all those issues were overcome in the past. This video really shows that these issues continue and are very much a problem we face today. I think as long as there is money there will be exploitation of the working class. I guess the bright side is that means, Brian, you'll always have a job.  :P
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Brian

Brian Johnson

LOL, I love it. That guy reminded me of Alec Baldwin. I hate that guy. ::|

johnny

I was going to say the same thing. Funny video
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

PPI Brian

That video would be a lot funnier if it wasn't true.  :)

PPI Tim

I think that this video can be sent to the Mayor of San Diego as well.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Tim on July 01, 2009, 01:40:50 AM
I think that this video can be sent to the Mayor of San Diego as well.

I thought that was the Mayor of San Diego.  ;D

Brian Johnson

I didn't know Alec Baldwin was the mayor of San Diego. Huh, you learn something new every day!