News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

Memorial Day Reunion photo

Started by Gary, August 18, 2009, 12:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

I came across this submission on the Coast to Coast AM website.  They sometimes turn up with some interesting photos.  Looking at this, I would assume that the photographer, or someone not in frame, is waving some sort of object infront of the camera.  Most likely.  Anyone else?

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/photo/photo-of-the-day
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Tim

Interesting photos. What happened to Art Bell?
Sounds interesting...Go on.

Gary

HA.... what hasn't happened to Art Bell?  I think he's about living life with his new wife and child (new about 3 agos or so)!  I do miss him.  I used to listen to him every night as I went to sleep.  I THINK he may still do the Ghost To Ghost on Halloween night, which is a very awesome show to listen to.  If you don't know of it, I will explain more!
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Karl

Personally I think it's just something really close up in front of the camera lens--say, maybe, a finger?
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Brian

I downloaded the image to check it's XIF data, and guess what? There isn't any XIF information. I'm always suspiscious of digital images of alleged paranormal phenomena when the XIF information is missing. The image does not appear to be altered, but it also does not appear to be paranormal. :)

I agree with Karl. It appears to be something very close to the lens. The smeared quality is consistent with an object (i.e. finger, camera strap, insect) in contact with the camera lens. The camera simply cannot focus on objects this close to the lens, and it distorts the object into a weird form that a lot of people interpret as paranormal.

Just my two cents.

Brian
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tim

I think it is simply the member of the family that the family doesn't want in the picture. They just fuzzed them out.
It is either that or it is cousin IT.
Sounds interesting...Go on.