News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

A Haunting in Connecticut - John Zaffis

Started by PPI Brian, January 06, 2009, 01:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

Here's a clip from Discovery Channel's "A Haunting" about a case that was investigated by John Zaffis:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=4138353
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

externalink

The lady's comment on why the beds were breathing and having heartbeats, "I guess just to get your attention, like a spoiled child," seems to be a good assumption. In my opinion, demons (or evil entities, what have you) are just angry and want attention in any way possible.

None the less, that would be frightening to wake up to.

"The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity."

externalink

Also: http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/090326-bad-haunting-movie.html

I found this article negating the truth in the story (not the movie, but the family's accounts of what happened not matching up)

The research I have done on the Amytiville Horror family leads me to believe that maybe The Haunting in Connecticut family may have borrowed the hidden agenda to make money.

What puzzles me, is that tEd and Lorraine Warren have visited both of these locations, yet there is so much evidence against the honor of what these families have said about their experiences.

Any thoughts on Ed and Lorraine Warren? I always thought they were legit, but now I am not sure. I am always a skeptic...
"The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity."

PPI Jason

Quote from: externalink on May 28, 2009, 06:03:39 PM
Also: http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/090326-bad-haunting-movie.html

I found this article negating the truth in the story (not the movie, but the family's accounts of what happened not matching up)

The research I have done on the Amytiville Horror family leads me to believe that maybe The Haunting in Connecticut family may have borrowed the hidden agenda to make money.

What puzzles me, is that tEd and Lorraine Warren have visited both of these locations, yet there is so much evidence against the honor of what these families have said about their experiences.

Any thoughts on Ed and Lorraine Warren? I always thought they were legit, but now I am not sure. I am always a skeptic...

I have to echo your thoughts on the Warrens. I try not to judge investigators too much when I don't know them, but I simply see too many inconsistencies to buy into this story. What I do see are a lot of more reasonable explanations (all of which involve hidden agendas like you mentioned). Unfortunately, in a field like paranormal investigation (a field with few absolutes, evidence that's hard to capture, and lots of unexplained phenomena looking for solid explanations) there is plenty of room for charlatans and sensational stories. A reputation for honesty, integrity, and objectivity is essential in this field. Now if you want to become a lawyer, then, maybe not so much.  :-\
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey