News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

ghost adventures coming soon.

Started by bellalaghoste, September 18, 2008, 06:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellalaghoste

www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Most_Haunted/ci.Ghost_Adventures.show?vgnextfmt=show&idLink  I may have posted this before but do not forget to add to you tivo.
can not wait!!!!  I enjoyed them on there doc by the same name.  The flying brick in the basement.  I think it was real but others say no. 

PPI Tracy

Quote from: bellalaghoste on September 18, 2008, 06:02:33 PM
www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Most_Haunted/ci.Ghost_Adventures.show?vgnextfmt=show&idLink  I may have posted this before but do not forget to add to you tivo.
can not wait!!!!  I enjoyed them on there doc by the same name.  The flying brick in the basement.  I think it was real but others say no. 

There has been quite a lot of controversy surrounding that episode.  Some say it was real, others say it was styrofoam made to look like brick with fishing line hooked to it.  Who knows for sure? 

PPI Karl

The coincidence of the Goldfield Hotel undergoing a big renovation project right afterward makes the whole thing very suspect--sounds like "publicity stunt" and smells even more like "pickled gimmick."  I wrote up a review of the episode (though, it wasn't really an episode so much as a one-off Special).  Needless to say, I'm one of the people who didn't put much faith in Zak Bagans and his cohorts, even if some of their evidence might have been interesting:  http://pacificparanormal.com/forums/index.php/topic,680.15.html.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Tim

I've seen these guys.
They have DUDE RUN written all over them.
I think they starred in the ghost and Mr. Chicken.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

bellalaghoste

I want to see the show because of the doc.  I wonder if they are going to be the next mh.

johnny

i am interested in seeing this new series... the documentary was interesting, even with the brick and them running away, they gathered some evidence that is tough to dispel but they did capture EVPs, a possible apparition following the one guy, and more EVPs in the old mining shaft.

If I remember correctly, TAPS investigated the Goldmine Hotel almost a year after GAC did. In the episode I remember Jason and Grant were invited back once the renovations were done. The TAPS group seemed intrigued with the evidence they captured there including the shadow of a tall man stepping in and out of the doorway at this location.
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

PPI Tim

They don't have that much creditabily with me as far as investigating the paranormal.
You are there to investigate the paranormal not run from the paranormal.
Last time I watched these two they were being disrepectful and running like muppets when they encountered something.

bellalaghoste

tango and brian run some times I seen it.

johnny

i'll agree, their credibility is not near what Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson from TAPS have built over their years as investigators and as television investigators, that's for sure! And they let go of their "Dude Run" guy, Brian H.

However the bit that sort of took any type of credibility that the GA crew had was lost with that bit of saucy footage on the Maury show, the one of the guy peering around the corner then disappearing. That was too much of a cheesy publicity stunt.  However, that said, I did enjoy Jason H and Grant W on Ellen Degenres Halloween special, it was actually humorous.

bellalaghoste

i will watch this show because mh just sucks want new show to take it place of mh gettysburg 10/13/08 or the 10/18/08 mh live.

bellalaghoste

10/17/08 8pm Ghost adventures that eastern time.

PPI Tracy

We'll see how these episodes pan out.  I'd almost rather watch the Ghost Adventures of Brian Harniois.   ("Dude...Return"!)   ;)

bellalaghoste

well it the season know halloween time.

PPI Tim

Quote from: TAPS Tracy on September 30, 2008, 01:31:07 PM
We'll see how these episodes pan out.  I'd almost rather watch the Ghost Adventures of Brian Harniois.   ("Dude...Return"!)   ;)
You know, I think Brian Harniois can play the role of Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Tim on September 30, 2008, 06:20:14 PM
Quote from: TAPS Tracy on September 30, 2008, 01:31:07 PM
You know, I think Brian Harniois can play the role of Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

ZOIKS!

johnny

Quote from: bellalaghoste on September 18, 2008, 06:02:33 PM

I'll catch this series anyways, it's definitely a gajillion times better than Most Haunted... ugg I cringe when I say that, sorry!

I'm hoping GAC keeps to the raw documentary style of shooting and story telling, that was part of the hook to their documentary, also hope it's not over produced.

bellalaghoste

hope it is a good show need something to get me jazzed about these paranormal shows.